The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Toyota Aristo V300 Twin Turbo (BPU) MINT! Lots of Toys

Anees

Lovely car mate, it should easy go past the £7k mark at this rate.

Don't know mate - auction is ending at bad time to be fair . almost 12pm! Thats my own fault! :rolleyes:

Just got to cross fingers and hope for the best.

Hi guys,

Yeah gutted that I didn't get more for it. However, the guy (from Derby??) has rang me to say he is chasing insurance quotes. This is his first Jap Import and he hadn't realised the insurance costs - he was expecting it to be similar to a GS300. On the phone he did sound quite young too which is worrying for his insurance hunt. To be honest sounds like a time waster because he should have done that research first!! Grrrrr.... I directed him to a list of import insurance companies. Said he will give me a call back tomorrow with what he wants to do.

If it doesn't sell (and to be honest I won't be dissapointed if he doesn't take it since I am not really happy with the price!) then its going in Auto trader. Every time I put a car on ebay I get timewasters and cowboys. Last car I tried was bought by someone in Serbia!!

Oh well.......... all part of the fun! :D

Hi guys,

Yeah gutted that I didn't get more for it. However, the guy (from Derby??) has rang me to say he is chasing insurance quotes. This is his first Jap Import and he hadn't realised the insurance costs - he was expecting it to be similar to a GS300. On the phone he did sound quite young too which is worrying for his insurance hunt. To be honest sounds like a time waster because he should have done that research first!! Grrrrr.... I directed him to a list of import insurance companies. Said he will give me a call back tomorrow with what he wants to do.

If it doesn't sell (and to be honest I won't be dissapointed if he doesn't take it since I am not really happy with the price!) then its going in Auto trader. Every time I put a car on ebay I get timewasters and cowboys. Last car I tried was bought by someone in Serbia!!

Oh well.......... all part of the fun! :D

Thats a pain. He got a bargain though, he should be willing to pay that little bit more for insurance!

Gaz.

Thats a pain. He got a bargain though, he should be willing to pay that little bit more for insurance!

Gaz.

It sounds more to me like he isn't even getting quoted! I remember when I was looking for a quote when I first got the car - had to ring what felt like every insurance company/broker in the UK and even then only actually got about 3 quotes; the rest refused.

Right.......had to relist the thing.

The winner has had no luck getting insured....... and the one quote he did get he claims was almost as much as the car! :o

I have put the low price down to me setting the auction to end at the time when most people are sleeping and its a week night.

The new auction is only 3 days long and end on Sunday evening. Hopefully this attracts more bidders.

Thanks,

Anees :)

Got a call from an ebayer yesterday saying he wanted to look at the car. Bit unsure about him because he said he doesn't know ANYTHING about the cars at all.

I find that slightly off-putting............

I drove the car today for the first time in about two weeks - flippin' heck I am waining! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I better update this. I have been really busy for the past two weeks at work hence why I have not been on here or been pushing the Aristo sale very much.

1. Neither of the two guys turned up or let me know they couldn't make it.

2. Had a guy from Bradford also ring me up to offer me £6750 over the phone; but again he didn't show up to actually look at the car

3. Not heard a thing from the guy on ebay

4. Had a firm offer for the car from a member on another forum, but unfortunetly his car sale fell through on Monday so he still needs someone to buy his car before he can buy mine.

The annoying thing is no one wants to come to look at my car - its not that bad! I have NEVER had a car where the first person to turn up has not bought it.

I don't want to try ebay again to be honest - fed up of the timewasters, so will try a new Pistonheads advert and put it in Autotrader.

Will get there in the end I'm sure.......

I have had LOADS of phonecalls about the car but no one seems to be in a position to buy - everyone seems to have a car they need to shift.

So far been offered:

• Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T
  • Mazda RX-7 (two seperate people)
  • Ford Mondeo ST220 (Ryan - good luck with the sale)
  • MKIV Supra
  • Honda Accord 3.0L V6 Coupe

I have also been phoned up by a few people just generally asking for advice which I don't mind at all! :)

Some very nice cars offered but unfortunetly I don't want a part exchange.

Right............ Looks like the car could be sold.

I have had a call from a guy that actually rang me about my car when it was first advertised on Pistonheads a few months back. He has an e36 BMW M3 and he updated to an e46 M3 but actually prefers his e36 - found the e46 driving experience not to his liking - too refined and not as involving as the e36. I actaully talked him OUT of buying the Aristo because he was keen on handing and a more raw feel. What I mug I am!

He rang me today and said that he keeps coming back to my car and he has actually just sold the e46 BMW M3 he bought so despite what I said he thinks the Aristo is the car for him. He should be sending me a deposit tomorrow and all being well collect the car on Sunday.

He seems a really nice guy and deadly serious about the car so hopefully this works out, but I know a fair few people will hope the deal falls thought while your try and sell yours cars! :lol:

Fingers crossed this is not another timewaster - I am confident but you never know.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.