The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Street Fighter IV

far

Grown up playing every single version of street fighter, from the original to 3rd strike, hope Fei Long and Guy are still in the 4th, would also like to get the Street Fighter 2 HD re-mastered version.

I downloaded HD from Xbox live, it's well worth it. Can't wait for this next one.

i am this game sf2 was the best game ever played it so much.

i was unstoppable with ken and ryu around my area :D

we should have a big competition online.

:D

Deal me in....I reckon I would take you all with Vega ;) although thats on sf2t

I used to be very good at a game called killer instinct back on the day as well

imo the street fighter games started to go downhill soon after the introduction of cammy, deejay, fei long and t hawk. the editions they were bringing out were just milking it abit too much. ok the 'capcom vs' games were enjoyable but no where near as good as the original street fighter 2 (although the turbo blackbelt edition was the best one imo). anyone remember the very first street fighter game? im sure they had a character on that named hard-on (could have been spelt ardon).

does anyone remember the beat em game where the bonus round was against a white tiger? and another great beat em up game was king of fighters.

Shit the bed I'm excited! Can't frickin' wait! Aavailable on PS3 and 360 - only £28 off Play, bargain! Looks epic, read all the reviews and general concensus is that it's possbily the best 2D fighter yet. In case you don't know, they've made the moves easier to pull off in order to make the matches more balanced and more about strategy rather than trying to pull off a move at that critical moment.

Full character line up as follows:

Abel, Akuma, Balrog, Blanka, Chun Li, C. Viper, Dan, Dhalsim, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Fei Long, Gouken, Guile, Ken, M. Bison, Rufus, Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Seth, Vega and Zangief.

$#@! the bed I'm excited! Can't frickin' wait! Aavailable on PS3 and 360 - only £28 off Play, bargain! Looks epic, read all the reviews and general concensus is that it's possbily the best 2D fighter yet. In case you don't know, they've made the moves easier to pull off in order to make the matches more balanced and more about strategy rather than trying to pull off a move at that critical moment.

Full character line up as follows:

Abel, Akuma, Balrog, Blanka, Chun Li, C. Viper, Dan, Dhalsim, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Fei Long, Gouken, Guile, Ken, M. Bison, Rufus, Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Seth, Vega and Zangief.

so my years of practice and honing my skills have been negated by the moves being easy to pull of, no fair :(

In case you don't know, they've made the moves easier to pull off in order to make the matches more balanced and more about strategy rather than trying to pull off a move at that critical moment.

this is what ruined many of them,especially the capcom vs games,as it was possible to end the round (energy bar of the opponent being almost full) by pulling off one well timed special move.

this is what ruined many of them,especially the capcom vs games,as it was possible to end the round (energy bar of the opponent being almost full) by pulling off one well timed special move.

Well, all the reviews and comments I've read have said it's a positive thing. You still need to be able to do the commands, it's just that the recognition is a lot more lenient, meaning in the heat of battle you can be a tiny bit sloppy with your dragon punch and still pull one out, that's all. Makes fights a lot more balanced it seems, as people who are less experienced, say, should still be able to hold their own. Very far removed from the ridiculous one button press special moves of CvS2 on home console. From the Edge review:

"It’s impossible to overstate what a change this is for the series, and the fighting game in general. Street Fighter is now more about planning your attacks and responding to your opponent rather than worrying about whether you can physically accomplish what you want to."

Combo system has been improved too, so the window of opportunity for chains is bigger.

Well, all the reviews and comments I've read have said it's a positive thing. You still need to be able to do the commands, it's just that the recognition is a lot more lenient, meaning in the heat of battle you can be a tiny bit sloppy with your dragon punch and still pull one out, that's all. Makes fights a lot more balanced it seems, as people who are less experienced, say, should still be able to hold their own. Very far removed from the ridiculous one button press special moves of CvS2 on home console. From the Edge review:

"It’s impossible to overstate what a change this is for the series, and the fighting game in general. Street Fighter is now more about planning your attacks and responding to your opponent rather than worrying about whether you can physically accomplish what you want to."

Combo system has been improved too, so the window of opportunity for chains is bigger.

i think i worded it a bit wrong. what i meant was that when they inroduced moves which could win the round in one it let the game down such as in the capcom vs games. id much rather a game where in a fight you need to do more than just pull off one special move to win the round. give me the long slog of hadoukens and hurricane kicks any day!

out of curiosity has anyone here ever managed to pull off zangief's spinning pile driver during game play and not in practice mode?

Yes, not only that but I managed to pull off his Super Spinning Piledriver (720º on the d-pad) in Capcom Fighting Jam to finish off an opponent which is exactly what I needed to do to unlock a specific secret character. Was one of my greatest fighting game moments ;)

i think i worded it a bit wrong. what i meant was that when they inroduced moves which could win the round in one it let the game down such as in the capcom vs games. id much rather a game where in a fight you need to do more than just pull off one special move to win the round. give me the long slog of hadoukens and hurricane kicks any day!

IIRC even Akuma's unblockable Kongouko-Kuretsuzan Super Art from SF3 would not do 100% damage, so I'd like to think you're exaggerating slightly ;) In fact, if you go back to SFII special moves used to do ridiculous amounts of damage - I swear one fireball would do about a quarter of a bar. The latest games have pretty advanced damage limitations placed upon multi-hit attacks so that each subsequent hit does less and less damage until the final strikes of a combo that runs into double figures are doing almost no damage at all. Watch a video of SFII and SFIII or IV and I bet that the same attack in SFII does a hell of a lot more damage!