The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alice the Goon and 13 year old have baby

michael

I despair too. Not because of the kids. That's just ignorance and stupidity on their part. I despair of the people old enough to know better who still cling to their archaic views and ideals of people and country that exist only in the mind of the Daily Mail and its readership.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I despair too. Not because of the kids. That's just ignorance and stupidity on their part. I despair of the people old enough to know better who still cling to their archaic views and ideals of people and country that exist only in the mind of the Daily Mail and its readership.

Agree with the first part mate but the archaic views you mention used to be called standards !!!!

I hope the lads had a DNA test. He looks like my 6 year old and I would imagine that if his voice hasn't broken the he'll still be spurting "tatty water"..!!

As far as the baby is concerned then it's a tragic state of affairs but it is one of many that we as a country have to deal with. It's a dobbers convention at the moment, get your free money and knock out as many kids as possible......:(:blink:

It's upsetting that some "benefit" families actually take home as much as I earn after tax......and I have a good job..FFS :tongue:

H.

..I despair of the people old enough to know better who still cling to their archaic views and ideals of people and country ..

I would say you are way off mark here. There is a minimum standard and it is not alright to keep rewriting the rules to accomodate the reckless and feckless in society. What happened to having morals, ethics, responsibility, respect and honesty. Some people call them 'values'.

You cannot always adjust to suit the lowest level because human nature means that no matter how low you set the bar, some people always undershoot and you have to keep lowering it again and again.

I would say you are way off mark here. There is a minimum standard and it is not alright to keep rewriting the rules to accomodate the reckless and feckless in society. What happened to having morals, ethics, responsibility, respect and honesty. Some people call them 'values'.

You cannot always adjust to suit the lowest level because human nature means that no matter how low you set the bar, some people always undershoot and you have to keep lowering it again and again.

You (and a couple of others) have completely misunderstood what I was getting. I'd explain it fully but I don't really want to upset the members it was aimed at. ;)

A few points. The kid will be well looked after with the wealth of experience in the wider family. Better to give them every benefit than let them beg or worse. Michael may be the goon and not the kid.

Do you know this family then Carl??

In my experience, the "wider family" want to cuddle the baby until it fills it's nappy and then they go down the pub and hope that the problem fixes itself....:(

Parenting standards are plumetting, it's far easier to ignore or beat a child than actually try to influence the childs standards of decency. Some would argue that the parent probably doesn't have any standards anyway and therefore the child will obviously become a product of it's environment...!!

How you can say that the wider family will have any involvment is quite frankly beyond me. I think you are naively hoping that "someone" will take ultimate responsibility for this situation but time and time again, people don't. That is why this country is a sh!t hole, because many people are lazy, irresponsible and problems are for someone else to fix.....:(

H.

A few points. The kid will be well looked after with the wealth of experience in the wider family. Better to give them every benefit than let them beg or worse. Michael may be the goon and not the kid.

The so called wider family will have no doubt contributed to the girls's attitude, education and morals that led her to get pregnant by a 13 year old in the first place. To suggest the wider family will lavish this new born child with all the care it needs is pure lunacy.

On this general subject......

Social Services will do everything they can to keep the child with its natural parents....that will include a full assessment of the wider family. That is what they are forced to do, it may not be what they want to do, it may not be what they believe is right but they are forced to do that by the courts unless they can prove the child is in some form of dangerous/neglectful environment.

The social worker invloved will be forced to work with other organisations such as the NHS, occupational health, education etc etc to do everything they can to give the parents all the oppurtunity they need to demonstrate they can act as "adequate" parents.

The social worker may believe from the outset that this is a terrible situation but they will ultimately be subject to cross examination from the parent's (legal aid funded) barrister in court if they try to implement some sort of removal/adoption/fostering strategy. There are some exceptions like emergency removals (potentially only short term) but they will eventually come under the same legal scrutiny anyway.

Sh!t system if you ask me.