The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which member would you like to meet?

Fifty

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spoken to pretty much all active members of the club at one time or another

Same as. Most of the commonly mentioned names on this thread I already know or have at least met. The elusive Michael being the main exception.

Terminator, Tanhauser and Michael are 3 people I would like to meet. Edit - and Alex!

Alex IRL is the person least like I expected.

Anyone who hasn't met Dude, Terry S, Migster and Matt Harwood have missed a good laugh too - shame none of them post any more.

Alex IRL is the person least like I expected.

Weird isn't it? :D

Anyone who hasn't met Dude, Terry S, Migster and Matt Harwood have missed a good laugh too - shame none of them post any more.

Not just a good laugh but an enormous knowledge base too.

Really must meet Alex now :D

Collectively they probably have more tech knowledge than the rest of the forum put together, really nice chaps too. Shame they are not here anymore (although have had a few conversations with mig on Supraforums recently), dude will be back very soon, have no doubt about that :D

Really must meet Alex now :D

Collectively they probably have more tech knowledge than the rest of the forum put together, really nice chaps too. Shame they are not here anymore (although have had a few conversations with mig on Supraforums recently), dude will be back very soon, have no doubt about that :D

Dude will shortly be at AFR, by all accounts, so maybe it will be possible to meet him.

Oh and Pete, of course (even though we met at JAE 2006, but I didn't want him to feel too left out) ;)

Oh and Pete, of course (even though we met at JAE 2006, but I didn't want him to feel too left out) ;)

Like I said, I think I've met just about everyone! Mind you, I was probably hopelessly drunk and made a terrible first impression to most, it's that Burna - he's a bad influence.

Seriously, rethinking my earlier post and feeling like it would be good to name a few people on here. I can say that anyone that wants to meet me would get priority so RICHARDA would be there for starters.

As for the rest: Chris Wilson sounds interesting and funny, Mike, Paul, Rich, all sound larger than life. Jevansio becuase he sounds like a cool dude, Jamesmark and Pig becuase they have been really helpful, Suprastar3000, Ewen, Blackie, and Harvard just for being comic geniuses, and Michael and Charlotte for seeming so elusive and beyond easy definition.

I'm lucky to have met many good people already, and am spoilt to have LBM living close to me. If I meet no-one else off here, then I still feel I have been blessed with who I have met. :)

Internet personas and real life personalities can vary immensely, as do our mental pictures that we may hold of the other - something that is very much influenced by our avatars I feel.

Oh and Tannhauser, because of his brains and brawn and refreshingly balanced approach. :)

- Edit And Nic, the Import pimp.

:) This reminds me of the five-a-side matches we had after school...lines of hopefuls wanting to be picked, only to be left out and, shoulders hunched, hands in pockets, they dejectedly kicked their satchels along the pavement all the way home. Harsh times indeed.

I feel your pain. :violin: :)

I'd probably want to meet all the regular posters on here whom I've not already met, including in random memory order;

Ed (I'll make sure Lucy has my leash with her),

CW

Michael

Carl S

Dude

Homer

Blackie

JamieP

and everyone in 'the Mosh Pit' group to talk about metal to.

I'm useless at remembering faces, so apart from the regular NW lads, I probably wouldn't recognise many others.

I'm actually fairly quiet in real life. I tend to be one of those people who take everything in quietly, then throw in a random comment or piss-take and catch people out. Pretty much what I do here, come to think of it.

Guest willismaximus

Right then you lot..... first of all i'm going to pretend that every last one of you put my name on your posts because quite frankly it's criminal that you haven't.

Just because i've not been a Supra owner for years or regularly post or actually know any of you bar 'Hulse'..... .....well actually, come to mention it this may explain why someone as entertaining as me hasn't appeared on anyones list yet :blink:

I need friends!!!!.....
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

As for who i'd like to meet,

RobSheffield (As i work down in Sheffield these days)

Chris Wilson (Because i get the impression he could listen to you start your Soop's engine and telll you anything that's wrong with it with some kind of Bat related superpower)

Michael (For the same reason as everyone else, plus i want to see if he looks like Victor Meldrew lol)

TBH i'd be happy enough to meet any of you so i can start putting faces to the names i see on here