The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Customers' Cars

Stevo

Just dropped my supra off at bodyshop this morning and was wondering what the 'usual agreement' is regarding them and their employees driving it?

No mechanical work so shouldn't need a road test.

Have taken a photo of the mileage before it left my possession, but what should I let them off with...?

Is it ok for them to be doing the lunch run's it for example...? Discuss.

Is it ok for them to be doing the lunch run's it for example...? Discuss.

Hell no ! Cars should be fully insured and the technicians driving should be covered too, but it doesn't need a roadtest for bodywork. Should be kept under lock and key at night with the premises alarmed and no keys on site either.

I would say no to the lunch run like above as a good friend of mine to his M3 to BMW for a service and was driving to go and pick it up later on a day or so later and found 3 BMW mechanics ragging the tits out of it to go and get lunch!!! He was not amused!!!

No no and no. If a road test is required then that is fine, we generally stick to a certain route.

Some cases vary. E.g if bumps are required or an extra long test is required.

If your concerned, call the bodyshop and make sure that they know they are not to use the car off site.

When mine was in a local bodyshop, none of the guys would drive it as they were too scared of it. I was most suprised!

The foreman had to drive it 2 miles to the Toyota garage and back and moaned and moaned and moaned about having to take it as he was worried something would happen to it.

I did wonder if they thought it was worth a lot of money or something lol..

Yes people should take your car out when ever they feel like it. Tescos with the mrs for weekly shop, Up and down motorways looking for evos to race, and if they have it long enough to the next santa pod meeting.

No offence but asking if its ok for them to take your car to pick up a Mcds is like asking is it ok to sleep with your best mates mother, Wrong, pointless and you already know the answer.