The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Halfords Professional 10 Piece Flex-head Ratchet Spanner Set - currently half price

SteveR

I don't get the whole "you need a receipt" rubbish with their warranty.

I asked one of the store gimps about it, and they said it was there to stop people buying broken tools and getting them replaced with new tools. At the time I just said "ah right", and bought the sockets or whatever it was I needed, knowing that there was no way I would ever keep the receipt.

Then when I was in my car, I realised what they said.

If you break a socket, you take the socket into a store and they replace it. If you snap a spanner in two, you take both bits in and they replace it. So where do these broken tools come from? Either people aren't getting their tools replaced, or Halfords personnel are a bunch of thieves.

If it's the former, then what does it matter if Dave now owns it rather than Steve? It's still the same broken tool, that they would have to anyway.

It's just a scam to catch out the 99% of people who aren't likely to treasure the receipts for £10 worth of spanner for 20 years. :tongue:

if you guys want you can send me £45 and i can get a whole load of them for you guys from my local, they have loads in stock! £40 for the kit and £5 delivery to your door.

Who's your local so that I can go and pick it up myself tomorrow.

Thanks

Who's your local so that I can go and pick it up myself tomorrow.

Thanks

yeah sure its in Chigwell (east london) as soon as you walk in there its in front of you with a big special offer sign board. i guess my offer was for the out of londoners or those who havent got the offer in their local halfords.

yeah sure its in Chigwell (east london) as soon as you walk in there its in front of you with a big special offer sign board. i guess my offer was for the out of londoners or those who havent got the offer in their local halfords.

My question was a genuine one, not a dig at you.

Thx buddy - ill pick it up tomorrow.