The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Halfords Professional 10 Piece Flex-head Ratchet Spanner Set - currently half price

SteveR

I've got 2 set's of those Halfords Flexi Ratchett spanners at home and work and they're good.

Ive always recommended them to my mates who have bought them and been impressed.

I've had mine for about 3 years now and have got me out of some tight situations on the car / saved me time.

The only thing I noticed on mine, as I use them on a daily basis for work, is the flexi head has got a little slack over time. But never been bothered though as they have a good quality with cost ratio.

So even if i lost one or broke one I wouldnt be as dissapointed as if i had one of the more expensive brands i.e. Snap- On.

Plus the two sets I bought also had the socket adaptor and screwdriver adapter which again is very handy. Which I noticed didn't come as standard with those more expensive brand name spanners.

IMO For the diy mechanic or the professional like myself they are good value for money.

...So even if i lost one or broke one...

IIRC they have a lifetime if it breaks we'll replace it for free warrantee.

oooh, nice one Steve, will go take a look tomorrow :) have really needed a set of these for a long while now, the price always put me off but thats a bargain.

Same here, I chopped yet another knuckle doing 2 of the 4 glow plugs on the 306 and realising i'd never get to the other 2 buggers, figured I'd nip down and buy the most common sizes I'm likely to need for most car work - when I spotted the offer I thought I might as well have 10 for the price of the 4~5 I was planning on buying and gain the peace of mind I'm hopefully sorted for a lot more eventualities now. :)

P.S. Darryl - if your Halfords isn't running the offer, let me know and I can always pick you up a set from up here and get it to you in slower time.

Yes, most of there tools have lifetime warranty on them as I snapped my 1/2" breaker bar and my 24mm ring spanner rounded out. (But on the whole the Halfords tools I've bought have lasted nearly 10 years now and wear just as well as the brand names my mates at work have.) My mate who worked at halfords changed them under warranty, which was nice!. Although that was after digging out the receipts.

Has anyone else on here got a Halfords Trade Card, as it (me being in the trade and already having one of these cards) has been most usefull for tools and car service bits. The discounts on some of there stuff with that card have been very good.

I bought some bulbs the other day which retail would cost £6.00. On my Trade Card I got them for 96p. Very nice indeed.

I bought a Facom swivel ratchet back in 1982 and it's seen some hard work as one of my main tools with a 30mm socket most of the time. Its got a lifetime warranty and i asked last week, when i had a adjustable spanner replaced if they would consider it out of warranty yet and the answer was no "if it breaks they will still replace it". A new one is a bit more than the £14.95 i paid so i reckon thats a good deal.

Confused, do you have to go into the store to get it half price as the link says full price.

Yep that's right mate:

This 10 piece set is £80 online and WAS ~£80 in the shops, but I just nipped in to my local Halfords and spotted it was on special offer at £39.15 so nabbed a set. :thumbs:

Full price in my nearest Halfords. :(

Got your PM, will see if they are still going cheap at my local halfords. :)