The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silver N/A 86k

Guest Eastoz

Hi,

I am selling my N/A Auto.

No reason really just purchased another car for work and want to eventually get a TT Supra.

It has 86k on the clock.

17 inch Alloys

Kenwood CD Player

Anti Hi Jak Alarm with Full Closure

Clean and Tidy

New Front Brakes

MOT

4 Months Tax

Only bad bit

There is a slight dind in the rear wing but you can only see it in some light.

Speedo Plays up now and then!

£2k ono.

Car is by Weston Super Mare.

• 4 weeks later...

just so out of my mind..(dont know if he had found other issues later)

* missing radio antenna

* left rear quarter panel was severely dented. Paint haven't started to come of yet but there were many small dents. Dont know what happend there. But the comment above from the seller "you can see the small dent in the picture is hardly noticable!" is complete bullshit. You can see the dents from 10ft away

* since my friend had a 12h drive home he asked the seller to fill up with fresh engine oil/filter and make sure everything was ready for the drive home - in return my friend would not push the seller on the price. Oil was not changed

* the speedo that "plays up now and then" is completely dead. It does not work at all - period.

* one of the gas struts that are holding up the rear hatch is missing, the other one is broken so one have to hold the hatch with one hand and unpack stuff from the trunk with the other

these are no major issues and the car seems to be in a mechanically good condition which is the main thing, and I still think my friend would have bought it...but at a reduced price. I just dont appriciate the seller withheld these issues, and perhaps something else he still hasn't noticed

Unfortunately its buyer beware > always assume the worst and then go from there ;)

Yes, that is something one can expected if you buy of pistonheads but not a forum member. Especially since my friend bought a one-way ticket to the UK from Germany which put him in a tight spot.

Guest Eastoz

* missing radio antenna-stated and emailed before car was brought.

* left rear quarter panel was severely dented. Paint haven't started to come of yet but there were many small dents. Dont know what happend there. But the comment above from the seller "you can see the small dent in the picture is hardly noticable!" is complete bull$#@!. You can see the dents from 10ft away - buyer agreed a small dent, you cannot clearly see it from 10ft away which buyer agreed on sale day.

* since my friend had a 12h drive home he asked the seller to fill up with fresh engine oil/filter and make sure everything was ready for the drive home - in return my friend would not push the seller on the price. Oil was not changed-please can you tell me when this was asked and how because at no point was this ever asked, if it had been requested i would have had it done, it was also not needed to be done

* the speedo that "plays up now and then" is completely dead. It does not work at all - period. - it works now and then as stated, you obviously drive the car every day to know this????

* one of the gas struts that are holding up the rear hatch is missing, the other one is broken so one have to hold the hatch with one hand and unpack stuff from the trunk with the other - the boot opens, i will send you a new gas strut if you ask as not a major cost??

these are no major issues and the car seems to be in a mechanically good condition which is the main thing, and I still think my friend would have bought it...but at a reduced price. I just dont appriciate the seller withheld these issues, and perhaps something else he still hasn't noticed

Yes, that is something one can expected if you buy of pistonheads but not a forum member. Especially since my friend bought a one-way ticket to the UK from Germany which put him in a tight spot.

Your friend was pleased with the car, i drove 10 mile to deliver it and he was overly pleased that it was such a good price he said in person he couldn't believe it was only 2k. I was offered more after i had contact with your friend but held on to it with no deposit. he was fully aware of all minor issues before he came. He sent me an email when he had got home to Germany to tell me how pleased he was with it. Perhaps if you were this worried and this involved YOU should have come with him to get the car, then you could have picked faults. The car is 16 years old and pictures show the small dent..... for 2k you wouldn't have found a better one.

Guest Eastoz
that is true, he was not expecting a new car, but at least honesty from a forum member. I guess that is too much to ask these days...

* windshield washers does not work either he found out yesterday

Try and put some water in as they have always worked.

But a 2k car is a 2k car, you pay for what you get:search:

Yeah...but you don't expect to be lied too!

Theres loads of Supra's for 2k at the min so its not particulary that cheap...

Some people have balls to do that to someone travelling so far[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Guest Eastoz

Lied to?? about what, the buyer was fully aware of a few minor faults before purchase.

I was not desperate to sell the car and was advised by many people i was selling it to cheap anyway.

If the actual buyer was so unhappy why has he sent me several emails stating how happy he is with the car??

Next time you sell a car here, make sure you are honest and list all the flaws. :thumbdown:

why would it take you a month to complain ?

is the car yours now ?

and it looks like you were sold pretty damn close to what was described tbh perhaps there are minor faults but nothing is major nor was it withheld at time of sale as far as i can see !

* missing radio antenna

* left rear quarter panel was severely dented. Paint haven't started to come of yet but there were many small dents. Dont know what happend there. But the comment above from the seller "you can see the small dent in the picture is hardly noticable!" is complete bull$#@!. You can see the dents from 10ft away

* since my friend had a 12h drive home he asked the seller to fill up with fresh engine oil/filter and make sure everything was ready for the drive home - in return my friend would not push the seller on the price. Oil was not changed

* the speedo that "plays up now and then" is completely dead. It does not work at all - period.

* one of the gas struts that are holding up the rear hatch is missing, the other one is broken so one have to hold the hatch with one hand and unpack stuff from the trunk with the other

I tell you what send me your address and i will come and collect the car and give you a full refund if thats the way you feel !

Im sorry but my girlfriend rang me upset due to the way you have gone about this ! If at any point you were unhappy you should of contacted her as you do have two contact numbers ! To just come on here complaining of minor faults and calling her a liar in my mind is pretty pathetic and just the sort of thing that ruins clubs like these !

you have phone numbers and email addresses if you wish to take me up on my offer or even do it on her as to be honest she or myself have nothing to hide or be ashamed of in the condition of the car or the way the deal was done.

that is true, he was not expecting a new car, but at least honesty from a forum member. I guess that is too much to ask these days...

* windshield washers does not work either he found out yesterday

so this is the first time he has tried them is it after driving from the UK to Germany and owning the car for over a month now !

do what exactly ? I think people are too quick to judge !

Guest Eastoz

Email from buyer on return to germany.....

Hey Zoe,

The car made it to Germany without missing a beat, I am really happy with it, just need to get the speedo sorted, anyways I was hoping you could let me know again what company the alarm is from, I am paranoid about losing my keys or locking them in the car and would like to sort a spare

Thanks Again!