The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When will the Sterling improve?

Conrad

Anyone read info anywhere or can offer their opinion on when you think the £ will improve?

As we all know the £ is terrible against the dollar and the Euro at the moment. You'd be lucky to get $1.40 for £1 at the moment compared to $2 this time last year.

Just wondered if anyone had any idea if or when this is likely to improve? I know we can't predict the future but surely it can't get any worse?

sometime in 2010 due to the fact that no one will invest their money here at the moment and this is only the beginning of the decline, wait till the end of the year thats the time you will find out the meaning of the word recession and we are all totally fooked, basically get rid of this piss poor government, get someone in who has balls and start again..

i blame the immigrants:d

In my opinion, the pound will recover its levels against the dollar at some point in the future, it will also recover its levels against the Euro.

My estimate is based on the experience of having lived through one recession. I predict that full recovery will occur in 2010.

At least for the time being, our product as an export is about 25% cheaper when purchased abroad. Ironically, this devaluing of the pound is a good thing right now, for the company I work for and I suspect many others.

This might help if we had a manufacturing industry, IIRC Maggie sold it !. Still at least it was worth something back then, it wouldn't be worth much with Gordon running the shop.

Serious Question, if the scots don't want to be governed by westminster, why do we let them work there?.

This might help if we had a manufacturing industry, IIRC Maggie sold it !. Still at least it was worth something back then, it wouldn't be worth much with Gordon running the shop.

Serious Question, if the scots don't want to be governed by westminster, why do we let them work there?.

you let every other nationality work there ;)

For those of us who are debt free and in steady work (not saying I am) coming up is a window of opportunity for increasing long term wealth.

I fully expect house prices to bottom out at the end of 2009, and when the market is fully depressed it will be a good time to invest in a 2nd property...also, right now is good for shares in the banks you don't think will get nationalised and the insurance companies that insure the banks ;) Once confidence in the banking system is restored, share prices of both will bounce back, maybe not fully but enough to make a tidy profit - IF you have the cash to invest.

I think we'll start an upswing in 2010, but it will easily take 5 years to fully recover, maybe more.

I hope the pound stays low for a while, yeah it makes imports expensive, but it will encourage internal growth. Most of the people on benefits can't work cause there is nothing hands on enough for them to do anymore - ie manufacturing. I'm really hoping that we can invest in that sort of labour and reduce our dependancy on imports.

The new Nuclear powerstations should help, by employing a sh1t load of people...

you let every other nationality work there ;)

Good point, i never noticed that!!!!. In fact i thought i saw a women there once.:D

Have you noticed that every news program starts with the Goverment in the first sentence, when i was interested in the news we used to hear the "G" word rarely because they were too busy running the country instead of running the people.

Still must remember not to get political, lets get rid of all politicians.:)