The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I broke my laptop

ClaireRZ-S

Let it fall last night, i tripped over the ac adapter and the base of it went flat onto the tiles. It looks ok no cracks or anything but it seems the hard drive is fecked :(. I tried a recovery and this started to about 15% and then failed and the hard drive is still visible in bios.

Since there is no visible damage i'm not sure whats done internally or if it would be noticable if i arranged a repair .crap...

Let it fall last night, i tripped over the ac adapter and the base of it went flat onto the tiles. It looks ok no cracks or anything but it seems the hard drive is fecked :(. I tried a recovery and this started to about 15% and then failed and the hard drive is still visible in bios.

Since there is no visible damage i'm not sure whats done internally or if it would be noticable if i arranged a repair .crap...

Probably not. Just buy another disk, pop on an OS and away you go :) Provided its not insured of course :)

I was thinking a low level format might work but since i dropped it i doubt it...

Worth a go if you don't mind spending the time on it, but otherwise I wouldn't bother. If the hard disk has sustained damage, it's probably physical (e.g. the read/write head slapping against the platter).

Well dont bother replying to my thread then. As can see some of the lads have viewed it and if they arent interested or can't help me they didn't reply, can't see why you couldn't do the same :tongue:

Don`t worry claire, he`s got 1 on him because a few other people had a dig at him:innocent: for sticking up for adam b.so i think he was using his last few posts up:)