The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well someone had to post a thread about it.. (SNOW)

MrRalphMan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not as easy as that is it......:rolleyes: there is plenty of salt but its now under an inch or so of compacted snow......its us, ie individual drivers that aren't prepared for it, no winter tyres and thousands of people with no experience of driving in it = big problems.

Ok - that takes care of us incompetent drivers; what about the trains, the airports - pretty much everything is at a standstill.

What do Scandinavian countries, US states, Canada, etc do in order to deal with such conditions?

mind you, I do agree that the roads now are pretty bad - about 7-8 inches of snow where I am (DOCKLANDS) and more to come....

So anyone driving - be very very careful.

Ok - that takes care of us incompetent drivers; what about the trains, the airports - pretty much everything is at a standstill.

What do Scandinavian countries, US states, Canada, etc do in order to deal with such conditions?

mind you, I do agree that the roads now are pretty bad - about 7-8 inches of snow where I am (DOCKLANDS) and more to come....

So anyone driving - be very very careful.

The countries you mentioned get this every year, last time we had snow like this where i live was in the late 80's!

Alot comes back to the various workers ie signal men, ticket office staff, check in staff, pilots etc etc etc not being able to get to work............

im confused, how the fook can snow shut down the underground? now i know im a northerner who thinks that London is just an oversized, polluted stinkhole but, im at a loss, isnt the underground, UNDERGROUND and thats why it is called "the underground" so if it is undergound how the fook does snow affect it? is it really a cold day in hell? is it snowing underground? or is just another excuse for lazy southern poofs who are scared of a bit of snow to blag a day off?

I blame the immigrants:d

im confused, how the fook can snow shut down the underground? now i know im a northerner who thinks that London is just an oversized, polluted stinkhole but, im at a loss, isnt the underground, UNDERGROUND and thats why it is called "the underground" so if it is undergound how the fook does snow affect it? is it really a cold day in hell? is it snowing underground? or is just another excuse for lazy southern poofs who are scared of a bit of snow to blag a day off?

I blame the immigrants:d

Almost all of the underground goes overground at some point. Very few lines (Victoria only?) are 100% underground.

Almost all of the underground goes overground at some point. Very few lines (Victoria only?) are 100% underground.

Really!!

I wasnt taking the piss when I asked that i genuinly thought that 99% was underground, see told you i know sod all about londinium

still blame the immigrants though:d

I wish it would all just melt. I have to take some speakers back that I had on home demo, for which I left a sizeable deposit on my credit card. I realised this morning that my card statement is issued on the 5th, so if I don't get them back soon they will appear on the bill.

I'm not sure what will happen when the deposit is refunded after the bill has been issued. Will they take the amount on the statement, or will they reduce it by the refund? I'd rather not find out.

Stupid snow. :mad:

Looks like the snow is to stay this time..

Just had a fun drive to work, A13 between M25 and Dag' actually had a layer of snow on it, a couple of wobbly bum times when changing lanes were fun.

Canary Wharf is also getting a nice layer of snow, so should be fun going home too.

*** Edit ***

Just to prove my point, watch this corvette driver loose control in the snow and be thrown from his car, god rest his soul. :(

i need to know, did he survive? looked terrible, no way cud he control tht

They didn't even attempt to grit the roads this morning - side roads, I can understand, but the M25, M40, A41, A405 & A40 are significant arterial routes.

My sister lives in Connecticut near NYC and flew here last night and just thinks the whole UK shutdown is a national embarrassment. They measure snow in feet over there and we have known this was coming for a week yet still councils are claiming they were caught 'on the hop'.