The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well someone had to post a thread about it.. (SNOW)

MrRalphMan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunch of fannies here in London I turn up at work and the road is usually full of parked cars... only ONE here today apart from mine! so much for all the 4x4 owners... nowhere to be seen!!!

Now that really annoys me too! Hardly any cars on the road today, and all the 4x4s are just crawling along at a snails pace. At least I tried to drive normally, as the main roads are fine now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but when you get a couple of flakes the entire south grinds to a halt and the media focus on it to the extent that you'd think the most northerly part of the country was the Watford Gap.;)

The weather forecasts have mentioned snow for the past week so I am not sure why everyone is caught with their pants down.

Really dont understand why the roads havent been gritted properly and why the travel chaos.

This f... up probably sums up this thread nicely.....Guaranteed British

The weather forecasts have mentioned snow for the past week so I am not sure why everyone is caught with their pants down.

Really dont understand why the roads havent been gritted properly and why the travel chaos.

This f... up probably sums up this thread nicely.....Guaranteed British

Its not as easy as that is it......:rolleyes: there is plenty of salt but its now under an inch or so of compacted snow......its us, ie individual drivers that aren't prepared for it, no winter tyres and thousands of people with no experience of driving in it = big problems.

Walking is good for you Andrew, just wrap up warm. I can't wait to use my bike when I cycle to work tommorow.

The boss gave me a lift last night from work in is FWD jag, was fun, but I missed cycyling.

As for my precious supe, her 335's will have to wait a bit before they get some friction.

Loving this weather. So exciting. :)

Walking is good for you Andrew, just wrap up warm. I can't wait to use my bike when I cycle to work tommorow.

The boss gave me a lift last night from work in is FWD jag, was fun, but I missed cycyling.

As for my precious supe, her 335's will have to wait a bit before they get some friction.

Loving this weather. So exciting. :)

Be careful when cycling, i managed to hurt my shoulder when i fell off my bike on the way out this morning. The roads on my estate weren't gritted

Even worse when you happen to wear cleats :(

Ok I will take care. Thanks Col. BTW what are cleats? Sounds like something scottish.

They go in the bottom of my shoes for clipping in to my pedals. It is mainly used on road bikes. Basically you get a special type of pedal then you clip your foot in to the pedal via the cleat which is attached to your shoe.

Guest PJDubyaM

I've attached a couple of pictures - one of my motor much earlier on this morning whilst the snow was fresh, and a second after I'd fought (and lost) an epic battle of man and machine versus nature as I tried to GET OUT OF THE BLOODY CAR PARK.

Pete.

I've attached a couple of pictures - one of my motor much earlier on this morning whilst the snow was fresh, and a second after I'd fought (and lost) an epic battle of man and machine versus nature as I tried to GET OUT OF THE BLOODY CAR PARK.

Pete.

Maybe you need to get yourself a shovel ;)

Thanks Col & Mike. I don't know why, but I have an allergy to cleats. It's all that restriction. For me cycling is not about striving for efficiency, it's about getting from A to B in style.

I have got more looks and attention from women on my bike than I ever get in my car. Which is nice. :)