The mkiv Supra Owners Club

who on here drives a motorbike

_Shane_

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Husky. I used to have the TE610 'till it got nicked :( cracking bike that was, I love big singles. It only had about 400 miles on the clock when I bought it and was still being run in. I remember, towards the end of the run-in period, setting off from some traffik lights using the same amount of throttle as I had been for the last few weeks and the front wheel came up about 2 foot. "That's the engine run-in, then" I thought. Front tyres used to last forever 'cos it was never on the road for long...

I was also lined up to get a NOX (Stephan Chambon's race motard), but the insurance would have cost more than the bike (£3800 fully comp IIRC), so I had to drop out.

Yeah, that's why the insurance was a killer. The daft thing was, the Husky NOX was all carbon fibre, magnesium, fancy trick parts and limited to 500 models worldwide and it was around £3800 fully comp, so I was going to get a CCM R30 and that came up at about £4500 fully comp, so I gave up and got an XT550 instead.

Very rarely ride nowadays as I've got bad nerve damage to my shoulder so can't really do much distance before it hurts.

You can't beat a big single though - 70mph and it's firing every other lamp post, lol. I'd actually love to have something like an old Panther 600. Either that or one of the big 900-odd cc KTM Supermotards.

How do you find the gearbox on your Husky? Mine was horribly clunky, especially dropping into first gear. Worse than a Yamaha box, lol. I started using Royal Purple oil and it smoothed the gear changes no end. I also got about an extra 30-40 miles range out of the tank which was useful. Might be worth a try.

Heh, hadn't checked this thread until now as thought it was the one about the road tax on bikes ! have got a ZZR 1100 D3 and a Z750. Don't ride much nowadays tbh and was thinking of selling them this spring/summer to get more bits for the supe, don't get me wrong I love bikes and riding but my knees and back aren't really up to it nowadays :( (am hearing my own alarm bells of "get a harley") which is something I swore I'd never do in my 20's :) however they have more appeal nowadays !

pass me my pipe and slippers ;)

Heh, hadn't checked this thread until now as thought it was the one about the road tax on bikes ! have got a ZZR 1100 D3 and a Z750. Don't ride much nowadays tbh and was thinking of selling them this spring/summer to get more bits for the supe, don't get me wrong I love bikes and riding but my knees and back aren't really up to it nowadays :( (am hearing my own alarm bells of "get a harley") which is something I swore I'd never do in my 20's :) however they have more appeal nowadays !

pass me my pipe and slippers ;)

Yes.. deffo an old mans bike :)

How do you find the gearbox on your Husky? Mine was horribly clunky, especially dropping into first gear. Worse than a Yamaha box, lol. I started using Royal Purple oil and it smoothed the gear changes no end. I also got about an extra 30-40 miles range out of the tank which was useful. Might be worth a try.

very clunky. and its a fooker to get into netural. thanks for that i will be deff investing in that next service ;)

very clunky. and its a fooker to get into netural. thanks for that i will be deff investing in that next service ;)

Oh yeah, I'd forgot about neutral. It is an absolute pig to find when you want it, but rediculously easy to hit when your powering away from a junction. It is a lot easier with different oil.

I don't at the moment but it is on my to do list. i think when the weather improves a bit i will take my test.

question:

Is it better to pass your cbt and stay a learner for a while to build up experience on the bike and on the roads or just go straight for a direct access course and the world of larger bikes ?

Do your CBT and then get on with a DAS straight away. You can do it all in a week. CBT is just a morning and you wonder what the fuss is all about. If you can ride a bicycle you can do a CBT. It's only valid for 2 years. And really do you want to ride around on a 125s or a restricted bike when all your mates are on 1000s? DAS will be done on 500s or 600s. Do it!

So with all these people admitting to being on the dark side and owning a bike, are we likely to see more than one at Suprapod this year? Nice to see a bit of variation up there, and as I got over 40 runs during the day including arriving late, having a long lunch and walking around quite a bit, its not as if we don't have the room!

Thanks mate:thumbs: Honestly the last thing i want to do is sell it cause i really love the bike and i love being on a bike. But my business needs to come first.

That is a shame, did you get the srad? I had a srad 600 before my k1. Was a good bike, much better then the cbr 600F (1992) i had before that (bent that one!).Stepping up to the K1 you notice quite a difference between the 2 bikes.

You on http://www.gixerjunkies.net? Im scotty k1:d

I'm over on there as well, same username as here. I got an SRAD but thinking of getting a TLR.

Here's my SRAD with the missus posing on it, the can has been changed since this pic was taken for a carbon fibre jobby which looks nice and sounds great :D

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v208/167/47/704078229/n704078229_744609_2444.jpg

Some loverly machines in here:)

Had lots of bikes over the years, ZX10R, GSXR1000's and R1's etc but i feel its just to dangerous on the roads these days to use them to there full.

Ive had a few off roaders for greenlaning and me and the boys are looking at getting quads again now, i have my eye on this one.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/865066.htm

Some loverly machines in here:)

Had lots of bikes over the years, ZX10R, GSXR1000's and R1's etc but i feel its just to dangerous on the roads these days to use them to there full.

Ive had a few off roaders for greenlaning and me and the boys are looking at getting quads again now, i have my eye on this one.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/865066.htm

Those raptors are insane (but then, I'm not sure you are completely sane when it comes to things with wheels:)) and that one looks gorgeous - buy it buy it!

Do your CBT and then get on with a DAS straight away. You can do it all in a week. CBT is just a morning and you wonder what the fuss is all about. If you can ride a bicycle you can do a CBT. It's only valid for 2 years. And really do you want to ride around on a 125s or a restricted bike when all your mates are on 1000s? DAS will be done on 500s or 600s. Do it!

Yep I am doing this week beginning 2nd March...125cc for day and a half then onto 500 cc then tests on the Friday :clap:

On the road for the spring and summer ....look out roads :0)