The mkiv Supra Owners Club

who on here drives a motorbike

_Shane_

If you are interested/do not know already, there is a good forum for owners of the Suzuki V-Twins here . There is a specific section for SV/Strom's. Lots of advice, mods, etc

Also, a sister site to above is one for RSV's here. The RSV is a nice bike, and will probably be my next one if/when I get rid of the TL's, unless I get an unexpected windfall for a KTM RC8 :cool:

Oooh did not know that, may have a little looksee.. got a racecan on it, sounds fookin amazin!! hehe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RSV is a nice bike, and will probably be my next one if/when I get rid of the TL's

Im a big bloke and Id like a big V twin so a Ducati is out straight away. Ive always loved TL's but the reputation for dodgy handling has always put me off. Its the Italian flair touches I like in the Aprillia :)

Im a big bloke and Id like a big V twin so a Ducati is out straight away. Ive always loved TL's but the reputation for dodgy handling has always put me off. Its the Italian flair touches I like in the Aprillia :)

To be honest, unless you are a 100% (OK, maybe 90%) committed rider, the stock suspension is fine. Having said that, I have an Ohlins rear and re-valved forks on the TLR and a Penske and GSX-R radial forks on the TLS :innocent:. I have friends with Fireblades, etc and keep up just fine. Bearing in mind the TL is not the latest and lighest, it handles fine - certainly no worse than bikes of a similar vintage.

I have had many bikes in the past, RGV stink-wheels, GSX-R 750/1000 of various ages, etc and to me the TL beats them all. The sound is amazing, the engine is stunning and with a few tweaks the suspension is more than good enough. It is a seriously underrated bike. I am 6' 4" and a not light-weight 18 stone; the bike fits me perfectly. The Dukes are too small, as are the SP1/2.

One of my friends has a Aprillia Falco. The Italian flair on this means that the bobbins on the swingarm to lift the wheel of the ground are positioned so that the stand blocks access to the wheel locknut/chain adjusters :think:

You can pickup a good TLS for £2k or a TLR for £3k, spend a little on getting it setup and you get a great bike with attitude. Take one for a test ride, you might just like it :eyebrows:

I was raised on stinkwheels, mainly Yam TZRs and was luckily enough to have the honour of RG500 ownership bestowed on me :)

Im 6" 5' and 17 stone so we are of similar dimensions, Ive nothing against TLs especially the R version, I actually like them. I know the days of radial dampers are long gone but the seeds of doubt are there, at least with an RSV you get the ohlins gear already fitted some tasty Marschesini rims ;) Ive not rulled out a Duke/Super Duke yet

I zip around on my Triumph 1050 Speed Triple. I spend more time on bikes than driving my Supe. You can't compare driving cars with riding bikes. Bikes are so much fun. Come to a corner in a car and you turn the wheel. Might get its sideways. But on a bike every corner is like am adventure. LOL!!! Don't bother with supersports bikes. A few mates ride on R1s and Blades and they're rubbish. I use to leave them behind on my old 600 Hornet. LOL!

I zip around on my Triumph 1050 Speed Triple. I spend more time on bikes than driving my Supe. You can't compare driving cars with riding bikes. Bikes are so much fun. Come to a corner in a car and you turn the wheel. Might get its sideways. But on a bike every corner is like am adventure. LOL!!! Don't bother with supersports bikes. A few mates ride on R1s and Blades and they're rubbish. I use to leave them behind on my old 600 Hornet. LOL!

yeah ok mate ha ha ha I don't think it's the bikes then it's the riders:p R1's and blades certainly aren't rubbish

R1s and Blades are fab bikes. Indeed the problem are the riders. They watch BSB, WSB and MotoGP and all of a sudden they're Toseland or Rossi. And really, be honest a R6 or CBR600RR is more than enough. A bit like driving Supes LOL!!!

I totally agree there, a 600cc/750cc is certainly more than enough for the street, I personally love the gsx-r750 as it has just that little bit more power over the 600. BRILLIANT overall every day bike I think. unlike the sp-1 or sp-2 that I want next haha

I have a Suzuki gsxr 600 K1 which i have just decided to
sell
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif
due to starting my own business.

Here she is, pm me if you are interested

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/pulsarscottygtir/newpics002.jpg?t=1233596897

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/pulsarscottygtir/04072008158.jpg?t=1233596954

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/pulsarscottygtir/04072008161.jpg?t=1233597040

I love them, brilliant little bike pm me on price mate ;)

I have a Fazer thou (which came to Suprapod '08) which I've just added a pic of in my garage, and my other half has an old CBR 400RR which is absolutley lovely to ride if you can cope with the backache!

I love bikes - the £ to grin ratio is fantastic.

I have a Suzuki gsxr 600 K1 which i have just decided to
sell
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif
due to starting my own business.

Here she is, pm me if you are interested

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/pulsarscottygtir/newpics002.jpg?t=1233596897

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/pulsarscottygtir/04072008158.jpg?t=1233596954

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/pulsarscottygtir/04072008161.jpg?t=1233597040

What an awesome looking bike. I have admired your bike ever since that photo of you getting your knee down.

I have an earlier 750 now otherwise I would have been seriously interested in yours.

Thanks mate:thumbs: Honestly the last thing i want to do is sell it cause i really love the bike and i love being on a bike. But my business needs to come first.

That is a shame, did you get the srad? I had a srad 600 before my k1. Was a good bike, much better then the cbr 600F (1992) i had before that (bent that one!).Stepping up to the K1 you notice quite a difference between the 2 bikes.

You on http://www.gixerjunkies.net? Im scotty k1:d

Yep, got an SRAD. Not the traditional blue/white though, got mine in a red/black scheme.

Love it to bits though, just want to be out on it all the time (roll on summer). Will keep it for a while then maybe chop it in round summer next year.

I'll check that forum out mate :thumbs: