The mkiv Supra Owners Club

who on here drives a motorbike

_Shane_

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im an ex biker as i used the money i got from my bike to put towards the Supra as it was something i had always wanted but do miss the bike now and again but only ever rode it at sunny weekends and with me working every other weekend it wasnt exactly worth keeping it!!:(

I've got a CBR900RRW Fireblade. 1998 model, I've had it from new. I haven't used it for about 5 years. It's only done 13,000 miles. Shame really.

Cost me £9k, probably only worth about £1k now.

I've had 2 GSXR750s, and an early (secondhand) 'Blade, which was stolen after I'd had it for about 4 years. I replaced it with a new R1 ('99) and for the first few years did a lot of miles. Then I bought the 964 and having a "fun" car completely killed the mileage I was doing on the bike.

Sold the R1 a few years ago (3?) and then had 18 months without a bike, but missed one. I did view a '97 Blade which was a bargain but decided I fancied a change - bought a VFR800.

Sadly, it's a bit dull after GSXRs / Blade / R1 - and I still find I don't use it. I'm sure last year, I only used it once - and that was purely to get an MOT. I keep thinking I should get rid of it and buy another Blade (better build quality than the R1 in my opinion) - but deep down, I know I wouldn't use that either.

Incidentally - to the OP - depending on how long it is since you rode, I'm not convinced an R1 is a good thing to start with. I remember seeing a story once saying that the people who had the most accidents on bikes were not 17 year olds - they were born agains who'd been driving cars for years and then decided to get back into bikes. And their disposable income meant they could afford R1s / Blades etc - with fairly predictable results.

yep a 1200cc bandit and 1000cc vstrom

have had loads of bikes in the past from DT50's to CBR600's .. Currently have a Suzuki SV650S tho as well as the supra. Lookin forward to summertime :)

If you are interested/do not know already, there is a good forum for owners of the Suzuki V-Twins here . There is a specific section for SV/Strom's. Lots of advice, mods, etc

Sort of born again biker lol, just bought an FZR6 to get me back into biking after a layoff. Then next year its RSV mille SP time!

Also, a sister site to above is one for RSV's here. The RSV is a nice bike, and will probably be my next one if/when I get rid of the TL's, unless I get an unexpected windfall for a KTM RC8 :cool:

i bet your gutted its gone! cause i would be. Especially when the suns out!

Really gutted mate, that bike had the full works from crescent suzuki. I sold it for silly money because I fell in love with supras, I'm craving another bike now big time and the only way i can get a half decent one is to sell me car which is bloody hard at the moment haha we're see