The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blooming boiler, it's freezing here.. :(

MrRalphMan

Well it seems our boiler is playing up. After working the night shift, I come home to find we have no central heating.

We do have hot water though.. :)

It seems as if the boiler is over heating and cutting out or it thinks it's over heating.. etc...

You would have thought it would be easy to give someone a huge wedge of cash to come out, but even finding them online is a nightmare..

British Gas told me to call after 08:00 to see if there is anything free, otherwise it's Tuesday.

We have a friend who is a plumber and we are going to call at a more reasonable time, but it's cold.. Our 2yr old is shivering.. :(

Well it seems our boiler is playing up. After working the night shift, I come home to find we have no central heating.

We do have hot water though.. :)

It seems as if the boiler is over heating and cutting out or it thinks it's over heating.. etc...

You would have thought it would be easy to give someone a huge wedge of cash to come out, but even finding them online is a nightmare..

British Gas told me to call after 08:00 to see if there is anything free, otherwise it's Tuesday.

We have a friend who is a plumber and we are going to call at a more reasonable time, but it's cold.. Our 2yr old is shivering.. :(

Does your boiler have a water pressure gauge on it ? also have you tried bleeding the radiators

Hi,

Yep to both, pressure is between 1 and 1.5bar and all rad's bled.

Think it sounds like the pump, but not getting an error on the panel.

Cheers,

Paul.

I was hoping perhaps your boiler pressure was to low so would have been an easy fix.

Good luck with getting it sorted and soon

It does sound like the diverter valve,a common problem when it's not moving from hot water to heating.

My sister was having the same problem on her combi, I ordered a new diverter valve off the internet . I removed the old one but realised the new one wasn't the same so I just took it to bits and gave it a good clean and it's been working fine for the last three years.

I'm sure the valve was no more than £15, labour fitting it of course but handy when you can do it yourself.

My diverter valve sticks and does this...... you should be able to move the valve manually using a coin in the slot. In one position it will start the system up.

If that doesn't work then pull the valve controller off the actual valve itself. Then move the valve to both hot water and heating, and use a coin to turn the controller until the system starts (there'll be a position it wants to be in).

Dont take the diverter valve apart without draining the central heating AND hot water systems down first........ I took my diverter motor unit off, then removed the valve circlip. Bad move as the water pressure blew the valve out along with a HUGE amount of hot water!!!! :o

All resolved, thank god, it was the diverter valve, but it was a nut that had sheared half it's thread. It one that has a hole in it with a pin that pops in and out to swap from CH to HW.

Temp fix was some plumber's tape and screw it in, after removing the broken half.

Anyone want a good Plumber in Essex, call on Darren Wilson.. :)

He is going to see if we can get the nut, face plate or need the whole diverter valve.

All resolved, thank god, it was the diverter valve, but it was a nut that had sheared half it's thread. It one that has a hole in it with a pin that pops in and out to swap from CH to HW.

Temp fix was some plumber's tape and screw it in, after removing the broken half.

Anyone want a good Plumber in Essex, call on Darren Wilson.. :)

He is going to see if we can get the nut, face plate or need the whole diverter valve.

Ahh, I was right then? Glad to know its sorted,