Animal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike

what type does he like ??

I have over 50 malts here :blink::eyebrows:

I have no clue, and I'm not a whiskey drinker myself!?

It's a 'meet the parents' type deal... so I have no idea what he likes... and I'm trying to impress :D

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

If you want a really good single malt that wont break the bank, you can't go wrong with Springbank, it is one of the few Scottish whiskey made in the good old fashioned way, in the same distillery and it is not chilled filter like most that have been mentioned. He probably won't have heard of it. Ten year old is smooth, the fifteen is harder to get but even better. Not tasted anything beyond 20 year old. It is 46% proof, as well. If you have difficult getting what ever you decided upon let me know, my local supplier has virtually everything ever made, he even posts stuff back to Scotland:) If you wanted he would probably have some thing from his year of birth that really would impress.

If money is no object Johnny Walker Blue Label is worth a try. Starts at £150 a bottle. ( Just missed out on the opening of a £2000 bottle of the stuff last time I was in Scotland.)

70 cl. Ben Nevis "10 Years Old single west highland" Malt 46%

Our single malt was introduced to the market back in 1996 using whisky produced in 1986, the last year that Long John International produced whisky at Ben Nevis distillery. Initially sales were very slow until we packaged the bottle in a presentation tube since when this has gone on to become our largest selling whisky. In Jim Murray’s “Whisky Bible 2004” he says this:- ‘such a massive introduction to the palate: soft oils, citrus notes and very big oak on the malt, but sweet enough to chew forever; the integration of the oak really makes for some finish: long, hints of bitter roast coffee against the sweet oils; the nose makes you say oh-oh, but you need a knife, fork spoon and napkin for the taste’.

We were awarded a grand gold medal by Monde Selection in 1999 and again in 2000. It also won a gold medal in 2001 and a trophy for three consecutive years of being awarded gold and grand gold medals. We were also awarded a silver medal by Monde Selection for this product in 2003.

Its about £30 a bottle and very good

Isle of Islay and Isle of Jura are both a bit special

Another vote for Isle of Jura from another highlander here!:cool:

What is this nonsense about Irish whisky? Anything other than Scotch is whiskey!

Irish whiskey is like cava, it just aint the real thing!:p

And there is nothing wrong with a good blend, Walkers Red Label is a good mid week dram.;)

• 7 months later...

Thought I'd bump this thread rather than starting a new one. I was just looking to buy a nice single cask whisky for my Dad's birthday this year, and had been recommended to look at the Master of Malt site.

This particular one caught my eye. http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/the-macallan-55-year-old-lalique-decanter-whisky/

He's not getting that one.

Thought I'd bump this thread rather than starting a new one. I was just looking to buy a nice single cask whisky for my Dad's birthday this year, and had been recommended to look at the Master of Malt site.

This particular one caught my eye. http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies...canter-whisky/

He's not getting that one.

That better be a damn good whisky for that price! It does look enticing though...

OMG whisky is soooooooo last year... Just get fooked on after shocks and puke up nice colours.lol.. Only joking I'm still sticking with laphorwhateveritscalled as I have tried quite a few since. For the money it's different taste with the same effect.. ;0)

Laphroaig (La-fro-aig hehe)

Aberfeldy, Bunnahabhaian 25, would be other options (all the best ones are scotish! not irish IMO!!!!).