The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smoothie Maker

ClaireRZ-S

i have orange + mangos (in season) + strawberrys + rasberrys + apples + bananna's and pineapple!!!!

best drink to have in the morning.

The thing that gets me is the cost of the raw ingredients, wouldn't a shake with all those (lovely) fruits in them cost a good few quid?

Not necessarily. Start with a base of good quality pure squeezed apple juice and add a variety of berries, plus a bit of natural yoghurt, nuts and a drop of honey and you've got a really good energy drink thats natural and will do you the world of good!

And when you get bored of it you can put it next to the fondue set, the sandwich maker, The george Foreman grill, the ice cream maker etc etc :)

Strangely enough I went to get a pair of pliers out the garage at my folks and found the smoothie maker I bought my mum last Christmas in there!! :D

Runs to the kitchen to look : It's a Kenwood one, was about £40 but I can't find it on the Sainsburys website, as their links are crap, anyhow, don't buy it, as it's by no means smooth, it's the one that lights up blue if that's any help?

Usually I'd hunt for a good like online, but the sainsburys website has drained all hope from my soul...

The thing that gets me is the cost of the raw ingredients, wouldn't a shake with all those (lovely) fruits in them cost a good few quid?

A damn valid point, in my crap maker I did a drink for me, in a 330ml glass, and half more, it took half a pineapple (when you buy them whole) £2, 2 bananas (50p), Kiwi Fruit (60p), Mint (Cost unknown, not many of us have that fresh) (£1 if it's bought specially)

That's a lot just for a drink?

I would just get a normal upright blender, much easier to clean and does the same job.

Add smoothie to the model name and instantly it costs more :D

I agree.

You are better off getting a good quality juicer in my opinion. Jack Lalanne is the best. And to keep costs down, rather than get your fruit from supermarkets that are over-priced and nutritionally empty due to forced-growing, instead go once a week to the local continental grocers etc and get better quality at 1/2 the price!!!

I would just get a normal upright blender, much easier to clean and does the same job.

Add smoothie to the model name and instantly it costs more :D

Yes, and if you get a blender with different attachments, it'll do much more than a smoothie maker will. A SM is just a cut-down blender with a tap at the bottom (which can clog up if the smoothie is too gloopy).

Sorry i actually meant the maker itself :D . Looking to buy one, nice to know what you have in it to ;)

ooops sorry. well we have the Jack LaLanne juicer. the other juicers and smoothy makers we had all started dying but i must say the jack lalanne juicer is brilliant. comes with a long enough warranty it sucks all the juices out and the remains my mum makes brilliant sauces and pickles out of it. literally 1% of the fruits that go in are wasted. throw ice in it and you have a brilliant smoothy. also takes no more than 1 minute to clean after you used it because it comes apart in a few seperate easy to rinse pieces.

also my entire family uses it every day, got in the habbit of having a healthy drink atleast once a day! gives you such a great energy boost in the morning! have had it for a few months id say now, like 6 months or more and its still works exactly like it did when we first got it.

I got a Kenwood Smoothie2Go for about £25 in Comet.

Makes the smoothie in the mug that you drink it from, so no daft tap to clog up. I primarily bought it for when my mum comes to visit as she has a condition that makes it difficult to drink thin fluids and everything needs thickening. Smoothies are ideal for her and it's easier to have one here.

But when we've been down the gym, a smoothie is great when you come back home!

I buy part of the ingredients frozen. You can buy frozen fruit in Tesco quite cheap and it's good for quite a few smoothies. I mix it with some fresh fruit and add pineapple & coconut juice.

:thumbs: