The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance V Recession?

Tricky-Ricky

I'd expect the cost of instalments to go up, the quote to be the same and the payout to be 30% less.

I'm actually surprised the insurance companies don't reduce the agreed values, even if they still give the option. Cars are definitely worth less than they were 2 years ago, and I have no doubt that if I had to claim on my insurance I'd find that out.

Insurance companies aren't stupid - so it seems odd to me that they're still willing to agree a value that's no different to a couple of years ago even though the car really would be worth less.

I renewed mine a couple of days ago. I paid £1150 last year with A-Plan for a '94 big single with all my bits n bobs declared including respray, wheels, suspension, exhaust, tints blah blah blah and this year they wanted £1130.

The letter said unless I tell them different they take the money automaticaly so naturally I told them to stuff it and over the phone he dropped it to £800 flat. I then rang Flux and got £790 so rang A-plan back and settled on £770 all in with protected ncb, like for like blah blah blah - well chuffed.