The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Property Boundaries?

Supragal

"I would suggest you put in a drop kurb"

"The council won't let me!"

"I'm suprised they said no, I asked about doing my side and they said it was fine and put it in writing, I just haven't done it yet"

"Oh well I haven't asked them"

I feel your pain. I hate dealing with people who either don't understand the concept of logic and make rash assumptions, or are too dim to realise what they are saying.

I can't improve on the excellent advice that SteveR has already given, other than to advise you not to lose your rag with your neighbour, tempting though that may be.

So she can't get a car in or out if the drive is done properly? Well, "you should have checked before you bought the house, you silly trout!" (* I wouldn't advise saying this either).

I think decent, sensible people who behave responsibly and can take responsibility for their own decisions (good and bad) should move to live as neighbours.

Can you borrow a camera from someone to take clear photos? I've got one you could use, but I think you live a fair way from me (Basingstoke)...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she can't get a car in or out if the drive is done properly? Well, "you should have checked before you bought the house, you silly trout!" (* I wouldn't advise saying this either).

Can you borrow a camera from someone to take clear photos? I've got one you could use, but I think you live a fair way from me (Basingstoke)...

I'm so glad you think that too, exactly my point, she saw the plans before the bought it so she must have seen that!! my main point is that she will be able to now as she's taken out the hedge!!!

I am going to see if I can borrow a camera, Basingstoke is about 40 mins away so I will see if I can find one nearer, but thank you very much :)

Right ok, I am hoping this might be resolved now...

I got back on Friday night at stupid o'clock from work and I could see they had moved it but I couldn't be bothered to look so went out Sat morning and it looks pretty good. Like 99% right and I'm happy to give 1% for the sake of keeping the peace. I knocked on her door and she flung it open;

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to say that I've had a look this morning and based on what they have done so far it looks much better, thank you for doing that I appreciate it"

[shouting] "Well it's not getting moved again! I've just about had it up to here with all this" [goes off into massive shouting rant]

"Again, I just came round to say so far it looks fine"

[shouting]"This is costing me a lot of money! I'm here to please me not you"

"I'm sure it is costing a lot of money"

[shouting] "If I see any of your visitors driving over the edge of my block paving I won't be happy I'll give them a piece of my mind don't you worry!"

I just stared at her in disbelief, seriously, was there any need for that? Why would people be driving on the edge of her block paving?

By this point I'd decided in my head that she was a lost cause so I just said goodbye and went. Stupid cow.

Wow, nice presence of mind versus her emotional outbursts. I have seen some women get very emotional about property and what they think is their space. I hope its the end, and that 1% does not grow into a 5% or a 10%. Keeping the peace is difficult if you are not an impartial party. :(