The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra tt auto....what price for a quick sale

n boost

OK and I sold mine 3 years ago as a bpu one with custom leather interior for £11k after having it for sale on the forum and elswhere for over 6 months in a far better car selling climate. Whoever paid £15k for it got well and proper done over. Thats obviously my humble opinion and worth nothing more than an opinion. FWIW Gruggs now has my car and he put that up for sale with a single on it a year ago for about £16k I think.

OK and I sold mine 3 years ago as a bpu one with custom leather interior for £11k after having it for sale on the forum and elswhere for over 6 months in a far better car selling climate. Whoever paid £15k for it got well and proper done over. Thats obviously my humble opinion and worth nothing more than an opinion. FWIW Gruggs now has my car and he put that up for sale with a single on it a year ago for about £16k I think.

well the fella who did pay that for it was an older fella with a few quid to spare and a member on here, dont know what his member id is or was. he did paid that for it tho, i agree very expensive £15000. but he paid it. 3 years later i paid 8k so thats not good i guess. still think id get good coin for it anyway. we shall see when i come to sell i guess.

thing is, not meaning to sound funny so dont bite my head off but you supra guru's say a car is worth this much, but if u take alook at the ads for these cars they all are going for lots more:complain: than you all say they are!!! im confused, who is right then? you guys! or the vast amount of people/dealers selling these things?

Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)

What things are advertised for, and what people get offered and have to take to effect a sale are very very different. I have yet to see ANY owners forum, for any make of car, that takes a truly realistic view of what their cars are worth :) If someone wants to take a car in part exchange and wants to know what it's actually, really and truly worth. for a very fast sale, approach a car auction with an accurate description of condition, and its year and colour and the auctioneers valution will be slightly on the high side of what it's worth for said fast sale.

Not a chance imo.

Again all depends on the right buyer.

One day I would like a TT, I would either change the engine in mine, or sell it and buy a gz aerotop for the fact it has some worthwhile stuff on it, I.e ABS and Trac control So I would pay that for one.

I reckon I could get 4k for mine. so it would work out more expensive than doing a transplant in mine.

the fella who paid for this car in july of 05 paid £15000 for it mate, i have the invoice from magnum motors, so how you got offered one for 9k in 04 seems abit odd.

Magnum motors eh! That is one seriously overpriced dealer. They could easily take a 5k car and try and sell it for 12K. I have seen them put some right crazy prices on their cars over the years:Pling:

Unfortunately it is not a sellers market out there at all. A year ago you could have gotten 6-8k for your car no sweat! Now is totally different. My recent purchase was a 94 N/A Aerotop with full veilside kit and 75k on the clock for 2200. Whereas my 95 N/A hardtop completely factory cost me 4k a year ago, times have changed alot sadly :( Maybe if they release another "Fast and the Furious" worth a damn you can look for prices to rocket, until then everything is cheap ^ ^

I have rejected the px deal as the guy thought his car was worth 5k+!

I agree market is screwed but people will still buy at the right price i think becase everyone seems to be looking for a bargain and are refusing to pay decent money.

I have had to reduce my price on my gtr and now it is on ebay!

I am also looking for another motor maybe a m3 e46 or a 996 porsche and think there is no better time to buy than now and is the main reason for trying to sell my gtr quickly plus i am also very impatient!

I would myself not pay silly money for any car at the moment and will only buy if i get it at the right price.