The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paypal dispute?

jazz1

ok i bought a game from a guy of ebay and it did not state anything about the game being shipped until release date. I bought the game in november 2008 but the guy said i should get it january 12th 2009. Now the game has just been released on the 13th of january in the shops and this guy tells me i will get it at the end of the month. Is it still possible to open a paypal dispute i told him i want my money back but he is not responding and just said please wait, he does have a high number of feedback 97.8% and has sold over 1000 stuff. Im just pissed of as i paid him 8 pounds for delievery and i could of got this game cheaper in the shops but decided to buy from this person as i thought i would get it before everyone else:(

another moral, dont trust fleabay and especially paypal cos they are robbing thieving winkers, i just sold stuff on there but they wont let me collect payment till the buyer leaves positive feedback and in the meantime the buyer (if he is dodgy) can cancel the payment at any time they have gone well dodgy, i have over £1000 in my paypal account that they are holding onto untill i ship everything out and im pissed off with them

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks as if the basta*d has scammed us 8 guy`s. I tryed emailing the tw*t and he would not respond, his ebay account shows him no longer being registered. I contacted ebay they can not do anything and also paypal are useless unless its within 45 days. The other guys who bought the same game also payed in november and they do not have a clue all they know is they should receive the game. Now paypal said if i want his address i need to contact the police, but i know the police would not do anything, is there anyway i could get his address?,. Im so pissed of not about the money, the fact the basta*d has scammed people he could do it again and needs to be stopped!

If you used your credit card your credit card company Might refund you under s75(?) of the consumer credit act. You would have to tell them that you bought item but it was fraud. I have tried it twice and been refunded once. Was rejected the 2nd time as Halifax said my contract was with Paypal not the customer... That is utter rubbish but for £10 I wasn't going to waste my time arguing.

Apologies for saying 60 rather than 45. Used to be 60 at some point... Their feedback system is screwed now.

A breach of contract claim has a limitation deadline of 6 years... I'm amazed the fsa allow Paypal to get away with 45 days limitation to file a claim.