The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went hovercrafting today

JamieP

On water or land Jamie?

I had a go ages ag on land, there was only 1 fan which did the 'float' and the 'go' function, so if you wanted to slow down for a bend after travelling at top speed you almost always grounded, dug in suddenly and hard, and did well not to be chucked out! :D

Excellent. Very envious.

I have been looking at buying and building a kit. We have a huge river here with good launch ramps, mud flats etc and then found out that the tree huggers would crucify you. Shame, because they look a huge amount of fun and apart from the noise I don't see that they do any damage. I would argue they do less damage than some dickhead thrashing about the river making a huge wake and destrying the banks. :(

I did this a few years back..great fun!

I organised an event for the social club at the place I worked. We all got three 'races' throughout the day. I managed to smash a bit off the front of mine being a little too 'spirited' on my second go. They sin binned me for the rest of the day and I lost my last turn :(

Some woman went down a ditch and through a electric fence that keeps the horses in, nearly chopped her head off:d

Typical, women should be banned from such activities, I was doing a track day at Knockhill, came round the corner to the main straight only to see that a woman in a Ferrari 360 hadn't bother to turn for the corner and planted nose first into the tyre wall. We all got red flagged while they cleaned up the mess :thumbdown: