Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, after alot of research I've ordered up a Bullseye Borg Warner Air Werks S368 0.90 A/R turbo. I'm after the bhp I have now(800bhp) with better spool and more torque which I'm hoping this turbo will provide. Should look the nuts to, its got a 5.5" inlet!

If you've never heard of Bullseye turbos before, basically the units are Borg Warners but with Bullseyes own mix of wheels and compressor housing, means there is a lot more choice available. They make there own race compressor housing which is suppose to outspool the Borg Warner covers. All of them are now available through me if required and this is what will be used on my turbo kits from now on.

My twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold is arriving here Monday as well so will get a pic of that up ASAP. This and the turbo will both be on display at the Autosport Show next week. Cant wait to get them on the car now to try them out!

Looks lovely Paul, you should try and get these supplied for customers as they would look good in any engine bay!!

I can get them done if required, just need the cowling though. I might be able to offer an exchange service perhaps. The one on mine isn't perfect though, I'll be getting them to do it again.

I can get them done if required, just need the cowling though. I might be able to offer an exchange service perhaps. The one on mine isn't perfect though, I'll be getting them to do it again.

Exchange service doesn't sound a bad idea but you would have to stock up on the different shrouds as some have space for two mini fans and others only have space for the one iirc??

Picked up my carbon radiator shroud today, will be fitting that tomorrow, should look the nuts.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/radshroud.jpg

Also, had a blanking panel made for my dash where the top glove box used to be, trying to tidy it up a bit. Might get the dash done in carbon next I think.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/dashpod.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/dashpod2.jpg

Looks really nice, will have a look at these on Tuesday when I come over to collect the car.

Will have a chat with you about the dash too....

To give you an idea of the size of this turbo, I thought I'd stick a Precision T67 next to it, as you can see its quite big, makes the T67 look a bit limp wristed.

The compressor housing is the race cover version which is bigger than the standard Borg Warner housings, this is suppose to give better spool plus making more power. Looks about the same size as my old GT42RS so its got a bit of impact, should be more responsive though as the wheel sizes are smaller plus the Borg Warner's are suppose to be quicker spooling with there extended tip technology. Downside is it weighs in at 17kg, slightly lighter than the GT42 but about 8kg heavier than my current GT4094R hybrid turbo.

Frig me.

What power is that one good for Paul? Similar spool the 42?

Its suppose to max out around 850bhp approx, I'm aiming for around 800bhp and better spool than what I have now. Should outspool a 42 by a mile, cant wait to find out now!

I've got my twin wastegate/scroll manifold arriving tomorrow that I've had made. I want to try that out with the current turbo first to see what difference it makes and then I'll get his beast bolted on.