Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back from tup north, looks like my side exit idea wasn't a good one. Its possible to do but only if your not bothered about the noise levels, because of the way its got to be routed would mean small silencers. So I'm going for a titanium exhaust from the turbo back all in 3.5" with the normal exit point. Wont be done until the 1st week of Jan though because of Xmas.

I'll also be selling a version of the titanium exhausts eventually, that will be ready in about 3 months I reckon.

We also measured up for the twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold, its going to be very tasty, hopefully it'll improve the spool up even more, cant wait.

As long as the back box is not one of the huge things im very interested in buying a full turbo back titanium system.:)

It'll be a sensible size yep, turbo back can be problematic though as it will need to link up to your manifold/turbo setup which will be different to mine. Only way it would work on yours is to have it made on the car.

It'll be a sensible size yep, turbo back can be problematic though as it will need to link up to your manifold/turbo setup which will be different to mine. Only way it would work on yours is to have it made on the car.

Ahh, thats a pain, sounds like the place is not local either?

Thanks, definately worth it mate, got to remember the turbo I have is actually quite a wopper, even though it doesn't look it from the outside, GT42 compressor wheels are huge, plus its running a 1.06 AR. With a T67 billet it would be on boost on idle:)

This could be my next project 3.4L+ T67 for 2010 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing a few little bits to my car recently, just detailing stuff really.

I removed and painted the brake servo

Painted the engine bay with a nice new fresh coat of paint. Also tidied the wiring around the fuse box plus relocated the ignitor pack completely out of sight which helps to clean up the engine bay. I want to do the same with the fuse box one day, bit of a job that though!

Also fitted a Tyresure, tested it properly at Snetterton back in October and works a treat, really helps if your pushing things to the limit like we do when we're time attacking.

I also fitted connections on the dash for the Solaris ecu and Racepak datalogging dash. Basically means when I want to access them I just plug straight into them rather than fiddling around behind the dash and around the ecu for cables, makes life much easier.