The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

Paul will you be doing a direct "back to back" test on these cams, or are they installed along with other mods? I persoanlly wouldn't take as gsopel any dyno sheet from a guy who was selling the item. A lot of talk on here about these cams yet nobody yet to test them in a controlled environment

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521270

Yep, nothing else has changed that will effect power so it will be a direct comparison.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good stuff Paul, some serious (more!) money being spent on the car :)

Was just about to ask the same :)

Just going to get the titanium exhaust done and leave it at that for the moment. Oh and I'm getting a proper carbon front splitter made for it to, along the lines of the Ridox splitter but nicer hopefully. Oh and I still might go over to VVTi if I can get a decent inlet cam made for it. Not much then!

• 3 weeks later...

Right as promised, here is the dyno print out from todays dyno meet at Surrey Rolling Road. I've changed nothing here but the cams, if you haven't read this thread or cant be arsed to go back over it all. All thats changed is the cams, I've gone from using HKS 280 9.3mm lift to Titan Motorsports 280 9.9mm lift. Now as you can see from the dyno sheet, bhp and torque have gone up plus its now spooling earlier to, all in all a superb result, prooving the Titan cams really do work over the HKS.

We had alot of problems on the dyno with wheel spin so only managed one decent run, but even this had a problem at around 6500rpm as you can see below. If you follow the curve up, it would have made around 800bhp approx. Probably more with some more ignition timing as we didn't get a chance to get into that. Anyway as it stands now it looks like a gain of around 40bhp plus around 30lb/ft torque, not bad for a set of cams. Dont forget this increase is over the HKS cams, I wonder what the gain would be over stock cams, that would be interesting to know.

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

Well done Paul, great result.

Still spinning the wheels then even on the other tyres?

Think a hub dyno may be better now, would like to stick mine on one.

Yep, 1 half decent run and they were smoked, sorry Jamie!

Hub dyno next time me thinks yes, like Ryan said its become a bit of a torque monster now.

Also, can definately feel the difference on the road before and after, feels much more lively down low than before. If your in the market for some cams, its Titan all the way. They have quite a range to, all available through me to:

264- 9.35 lift

272- 9.45 lift

272- 9.60 lift

280- 9.45 lift

280- 9.90 lift

280- 10.4 lift

Its a bloody torquey bugger. Hub dyno next time me thinks.

Now get that BW on there. I cant wait to see what it does with that if we can hold 1.8bar. :D

I reckon 900bhp maybe

Indeedy, gets right on my tits.

Not sure on which BW to go for yet, the biggest S300 series is the 91/79 (what you have) and I think that might be a little bit to small for what I want.

Thing is my ideal target was 800bhp, that is enough for a track car so my next challenge is to improve on the low end response/spool up without loosing any BHP/torque.

That is coming in the shape of a twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold setup. I'll be trying this out with the current GT4094R hybrid I'm currently using, so we'll have another direct comparison for you guys. If it works I'll be offering it as an option on my turbo kits and from what I've heard it makes 300-400rpm difference in spool up. All in the name of science.

Just in case you dont know, the current turbo is a Garrett GT4094R with a GT42 compressor wheel installed, seems to be coming alive now.

Great setup you have Paul, that 3.4 really does the business, comes on so strong, Im very tempted to go 3.4 next year.

Thanks, definately worth it mate, got to remember the turbo I have is actually quite a wopper, even though it doesn't look it from the outside, GT42 compressor wheels are huge, plus its running a 1.06 AR. With a T67 billet it would be on boost on idle:)

Also, as well as the twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold, I'm taking my car in to have the titanium exhaust made Thursday. Cant wait to see this, hoping to lose about 25kg approx, Should make a nice difference on track.

Are you going to be selling them? might be interested depending on price and how big the backbox is.

Are you going to be selling them? might be interested depending on price and how big the backbox is.

I will be having a 3.5" titanium system made at some point yes, it'll be quite as well. Wont be for a few months yet though.

Still undecided on what to do with my car, side exits sound good but might be a pain in the arse to get right, will know more when my man sees it.

Right as promised, here is the dyno print out from todays dyno meet at Surrey Rolling Road. I've changed nothing here but the cams, if you haven't read this thread or cant be arsed to go back over it all. All thats changed is the cams, I've gone from using HKS 280 9.3mm lift to Titan Motorsports 280 9.9mm lift. Now as you can see from the dyno sheet, bhp and torque have gone up plus its now spooling earlier to, all in all a superb result, prooving the Titan cams really do work over the HKS.

We had alot of problems on the dyno with wheel spin so only managed one decent run, but even this had a problem at around 6500rpm as you can see below. If you follow the curve up, it would have made around 800bhp approx. Probably more with some more ignition timing as we didn't get a chance to get into that. Anyway as it stands now it looks like a gain of around 40bhp plus around 30lb/ft torque, not bad for a set of cams. Dont forget this increase is over the HKS cams, I wonder what the gain would be over stock cams, that would be interesting to know.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/dyno4094tmscams.jpg

nice dyno results.

what is the power at the wheels, as your dyno sheet shows power at the flywheel.

can you post whp graph?

what was the boost?