Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big thanks to Ryan, Charlie and Solaris, liking the new ecu so far. Real test is on the track getting the traction control setup nicely, cant wait for that!

would be interested in your feedback on this ECU vs your previous one (think it was an AEM).

Paul

I was looking a doing something similar with an airbox on mine for race weekends.

This looks great and should capture air when the headlight is removed or replaced with a porthole, just woundering were the airflow comes from when light is left in?

Are you fitting some ducting from lower part of the front spoiler area?

It would be nice if i could fit something that wouldn't need changing for racing or road use ;)

Paul

I was looking a doing something similar with an airbox on mine for race weekends.

This looks great and should capture air when the headlight is removed or replaced with a porthole, just woundering were the airflow comes from when light is left in?

Are you fitting some ducting from lower part of the front spoiler area?

It would be nice if i could fit something that wouldn't need changing for racing or road use ;)

Its got plenty of air going to it yes. I've got a duct in the bonnet plus I fitted another duct drawing air in from the bumper area. Both feed air directly into the air filter, no need to remove headlights or bodge a hole in it either.

would it be benificial on a street car for twin exhaust? i can understand it on a race car :shrug:

If I go ahead, it will be 3.5" from the turbo back then split off into 2x 3" either side. The biggest problem is making is going to be fitting it all under there and making it quiet enough. The benefits will be

1. The weight moved in between the axles

2. Less material as its not going all the way to the rear of the car

3. It should look rather good if its done right

4. Nobody else has got one

Thanks paul.

how much material did you end up using for yours?

Its about £50 worth if I remember right. Took Steve about 3 hours to make I believe. It "should" be just a case of using mine as a template and then cutting the hole in the correct position for the air filter pipe to come through.

Its about £50 worth if I remember right. Took Steve about 3 hours to make I believe. It "should" be just a case of using mine as a template and then cutting the hole in the correct position for the air filter pipe to come through.

cool. ill be in touch for you guys to fabricate this for mine.

i have a 9" AEM filter on mine and the air scoop.

Car should be back later on this week so will be in touch then.

imi