Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a dig, just surprised me, yeah suppose:)

Yeah I know! I used to think the same to be honest but when your out there competing, trying to get the fastest lap possible laying down 800bhp is ALOT easier with some help from the traction control. It effectively optimises all the power/grip you have, a lot easier than trying to do it with your right foot. When I want to mess about I just switch it off.

Guest Stuart@Bigpower

How are the preparations for Time Attack coming along Paul?

I know you're keen to unleash the full boost for those lovely long straights at Snetterton. I assume that Glen and the guys have organised a speed gun for the bottom of the Revett straight; any ideas what trap speeds you got last year?

VIP may be available if you're interested :)

How are the preparations for Time Attack coming along Paul?

I know you're keen to unleash the full boost for those lovely long straights at Snetterton. I assume that Glen and the guys have organised a speed gun for the bottom of the Revett straight; any ideas what trap speeds you got last year?

VIP may be available if you're interested :)

Alright mate,

Last year I was hitting 161mph I think, 3rd fastest out of everyone and it was a full weight car back then! Probably wont be quite as quick as that in a straight line now though as its not running as much power :(

OK, just got back from the dyno, its now running 750bhp at 1.5 bar boost. The boost is dropping off quite a bit as you'll see from the dyno sheet I'll post up later. If it could hold the 1.7 bar I want to run, it should hit 800bhp quite comfortably I would have thought. Pretty happy with that for the moment, more to come though....

Nice result Paul. :)

Any idea why you had boost drop?

Could be boost leak(which I doubt), more than likely wastegate spring to soft as its running 0.8 bar base pressure which I need in there just in case it rains. Could also be to much back pressure or turbo running out of puff, which I doubt as I know people running 3 bar boost on a slightly smaller AR size than mine.

I'll probably try the wastegate spring first when I get a chance.