Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well done paul im glad you got the results you were after, ive got to say the turbo looks so much bigger close up i was amazed at the thing wednesday:drool:

i just wish i could of made it tomorrow to see it in action theres always next year i guess:cool:

well done paul im glad you got the results you were after, ive got to say the turbo looks so much bigger close up i was amazed at the thing wednesday:drool:

i just wish i could of made it tomorrow to see it in action theres always next year i guess:cool:

Cheers mate, if your ever down this way let me know and I'll take you out in it ;)

• 4 weeks later...

My Borg Warner EFR turbo has arrived here at last! Cant wait to try this baby out, looks very high tech, the compressor wheel on it is a work of art. This is going to be my track turbo so super fast spool up and aiming for about 850bhp approx.

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Just been reading up on the EFR turbos. Very impressive.

What power do you expect to get from this?

Are these stupidly expensive at the moment?

Hello mate, I'm expecting about 850bhp from it hopefully. The problem with the EFR's is the availability, the lack of it, you just cant get them, I have no idea what the hold up is, hopefully that will change soon. Price wise they are about £1600 + VAT approx.

Hello mate, I'm expecting about 850bhp from it hopefully. The problem with the EFR's is the availability, the lack of it, you just cant get them, I have no idea what the hold up is, hopefully that will change soon. Price wise they are about £1600 + VAT approx.

Last I heard it was a problem with the quality of the turbine housing castings and the yield was very low so they were in the middle of qualifying a new supplier. :search:

Well get it bolted on and power it up.

In the media splurge they go on about throwing away the book on turbo design and approaching the design as if a new concept.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to a "standard" turbo design of the same size.

• 9 months later...