The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

That splitter looks ace.

Yeah being on track with the Zen Scooby was impressive, put it in perspective just how fast the top boys are :)

When you make your carbon dash template would you mind sharing it ;)

That thing is a bit quick yes, never get a Supra to go that fast! Well not without spending ALOT of money anyway.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do I have to run a master class on how to use the analysis tools :-)

That splitter looks the mutts... can't wait to get mine sorted..

Mike, just come with us to Knockhill in the car, Steve will bore you shitless for 8 hours, thats how I learnt most of it!

Yes mate, your car is going to look a lot better, just hope I can get it all done in time for the 1st round!

Car was a flying machine last night mate!

Just when i took my car up to 1.7bar and thought it was fast yours just blew me away.

Git!

Oh yes, probably feel slow on the track though, remember at Snet last year? Should be ok for Oulton Park and Knockhill though, plenty me thinks.

I've posted this on another thread but I'll stick it in here as well

Just got back from the dyno testing out the new Whifbitz twin wastegate/scroll manifold on my own car. All I can say is wow, what a difference it makes. Hits 1.6 bar about 500rpm earlier now and peak torque is about 1000rpm earlier, amazing difference.

The changes that I've made are

Before: HKS twin scroll manifold with single 60mm wastegate plumbed back into the exhaust, 4" exhaust from the turbo back.

Now: Whifbitz twin wastegate/scroll manifold with twin 45mm Turbosmart wastegates plumbed back into the exhaust, 3.5" exhaust from the turbo back.

Everything else is the same.

Unfortunately we couldn't get a decent power run as the wheels were spinning at SRR dyno as usual, so dont know a peak power output as yet. But we got enough information to say that this really does work. It was making more torque at lower boost with the wheels spinning 1000rpm earlier!

On the road the car is absolutely mental quick, feels much more responsive and you can really feel the difference. I reckon I've knocked another 40-50kg off the weight over the winter so that must help a bit to.

Anyway, the manifold is now officially available to sell, just got to work out pricing.

Thanks

Paul

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/whifbitzproducts/turbokit/twingate dyno.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/whifbitzproducts/turbokit/twingate dyno2.jpg

Oh yes, probably feel slow on the track though, remember at Snet last year? Should be ok for Oulton Park and Knockhill though, plenty me thinks.

Yh true but i think its the perfect mixture now for all round power. I think it will be scary at oulton!

Get on COD then :D

That difference is incredible :blink:

I can't get my head round why the twin WG setup alone would make any difference to spool - surely they are not doing anything until it's near full boost anyway? Could it just down to better exhaust flow in the manifold, collector design and pulse to the turbine?

That difference is incredible :blink:

I can't get my head round why the twin WG setup alone would make any difference to spool - surely they are not doing anything until it's near full boost anyway? Could it just down to better exhaust flow in the manifold, collector design and pulse to the turbine?

I agree as to aid spool you want the wastegates shut so all exhaust flow/energy is directed through the tubby, the fact that its gone from a single 60mm to dual 45mm should have no affect on spool what so ever, these would only allow for possibly better control and more flow away from the tubby.