Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol:D thats huge, interested in the dyno results, is it 4" vband for the downpipe?

Mines 4" yep, 0.88 or .91 is 3.5 inch, the T-4 .90, 1.00, 1.10 and 1.25 is 4 inch. Good thing about Bullseye turbos, they come with a normal v band flange welded on and you dont pay extra for it unlike other Borg Warner turbo suppliers. I'll be getting the turbo prices up on my website and here soon. There's quite a lot of options, more than you can get with the regular Borg Warner turbos.

Now THAT's a turbo :D

One question though: the manifold, the extra wastegate and turbo are going to weigh a serious amount when compared to a vanilla single turbo setup - is additional bracing or damped support going to be needed to reduce the risk of the manifold cracking under all that hanging off the head flange?

Guest MoeBlunt
And my new twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold has arrived, cant wait to try this out to see what the spool differences are compared to a single wastegate, if it works I will be offering as an option on my turbo kits. Sexy or what:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/manifoldtwingate.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/manifoldtwingate1.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/manifoldtwingate2.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/manifoldtwingate3.jpg

It looks like an octopus to me...lol, I thought you were already running 800bhp? or is that another supe?

Now THAT's a turbo :D

One question though: the manifold, the extra wastegate and turbo are going to weigh a serious amount when compared to a vanilla single turbo setup - is additional bracing or damped support going to be needed to reduce the risk of the manifold cracking under all that hanging off the head flange?

The wastegate doesn't weigh alot, I'll have to weigh one when I get a mo but its not a lot. Turbo wise, my current setup was fine when I had the 42 on there which was 2kg heavier than the Bullseye turbo. Plus this manifold is made of the best material out there, as far as I know nobody uses it for manifolds. Should be fine.

Thats one badass turbo, bloody hell :D

I knew they were larger but not that much.

Manifold looks great, alot like the PHR/ Fullrace versions... the quality just shines off it :)

You planning to sell those through your business Paul?

Also going Bullseye myself in the next months to come. So could use a new one..

Yep, they are available through myself if needed.

Just spent the last 5 days at the Autosport Show, we are all a bit knackered, standing on your feet all day plus going out in the evenings soon gets to you! The car and new turbo setup got ALOT of attention though which is all good, some pictures of the car and manifold/turbo setup below: