Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made it to Wales all ok last night so thats 150 miles on the clock.

Got to say the Carbonetic triple plate clutch is absolutely fantastic, so smooth on take up and no snatchiness whatsoever. Not bad for a clutch that can take 1200bhp! Highly recommend these babies now I've felt them for myself, they do a twin plate version as well which will take 900bhp which is a tad cheaper, cant beat them for what your getting.

Now I'm dieing to get back on the track, cant wait!

I have the twin or triple plate in mine paul, nice clutch alright :)

Just back from the dyno. Started off well, making 600bhp at 1 bar boost, should have seen Ryan & Charlies faces! At 1.5 bar made about 700bhp, with plenty more to come from some more ignition timing. Went for 1.7 bar and the tyres strated to spin up, game over. So at the moment, 1.5 bar 700bhp and 550 lb/ft torque, we should to be able to get close to 800bhp on pump fuel with a bit more time hopefully. Doing some road mapping on Friday and then back to the dyno for some power runs to see what it can do. Looking good so far.

Big thanks to Ryan, Charlie and Solaris, liking the new ecu so far. Real test is on the track getting the traction control setup nicely, cant wait for that!