The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

No, sorry and I don't have the manuals as I bought it from TerryS back in the day. Nic might know but he's a little difficult to get hold of at the moment with his illness. Doesn't one of the Steve's have one fitted?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, sorry and I don't have the manuals as I bought it from TerryS back in the day. Nic might know but he's a little difficult to get hold of at the moment with his illness. Doesn't one of the Steve's have one fitted?

Dont worry, I've been doing a bit of digging around and it looks like there's more available than I thought. Apparently the non turbo IS300 inlet cam is exactly the same and Brian Crower does a 264 and 272 with decent lift, so a pair of 272's should do it. Might be doable after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.

Fully stripped the engine today, looks like a piston has got a tad hot and broke a piston ring. This in turn has caused a bit of cylinder head damage, nothing to drastic, head just needs a bit of a clean up.

So another block and a set of pistons it is then.

Also on strip down my RPS carbon carbon is ready for the bin. Plates are worn and the cover has started falling apart! Its been slipping when cold since last October and I've had it about 7 years so its done pretty well. Bit of a bugger though as its an expense I wasn't expecting.

So I've got a nice new Carbonetic triple plate clutch turning up tomorrow, very very sexy clutches these, cant recommend them highly enough. Worked a treat in our RX7 and Steve L's been using one for awhile now.

Time for a change with my inlet manifold as well. I've ordered up a Hypertune http://www.hypertune.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=91 sexy or what. Which means by Veilside ported inlet manifold is up for grabs, sensible offers being taken.

And lastly (for the moment), I'm going to try out some Titan Motorsport 280 camshafts, the HKS 280 cams are for sale as well.

More to come soon.

hypertune.jpg

hypertune2.jpg

Time for a change with my inlet manifold as well. I've ordered up a Hypertune http://www.hypertune.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=91 sexy or what. Which means by Veilside ported inlet manifold is up for grabs, sensible offers being taken.

Very nice Paul, I looked at these, they support upto 18 injectors which is crazy, if I remember correctly its 12 below and 6 on top.

:thumbs:

Alright big head!

... just trying to help :innocent:

In case anyone couldn't be bothered to look at the timeattack web site ....

Might as well just in case I go for a bigger turbo again, I do miss my GT42RS! That was an immense turbo.

It is a bloomin good clutch

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, thought I'd better update my thread. Been busy putting the engine back together which as you can see from the below pictures is all done and in the car.

I changed over to a Carbonetic triple plate clutch as my old RPS carbon carbon was worn out plus the pressure plate had started to fall apart! Not an expense I was expecting when we took it apart but there you go, I've had the RPS for about 7 years now so its done pretty well.

Take a look at this inlet manifold, how sexual is that! Quality of this thing is top notch, lets hope it works. Suppose to be the best so we'll soon find out. It doesn't come with any pipework or mounting brackets for dipstick or throttle cable so I've had to make those up. Also went to put the power steering pump on and the inlet pipe into the pump is pointing straight at the throttle body so is being modified today. Also the fuel rail has only got 1 feed so I'm putting an extra one in the middle as the return back to the regulator. And lastly I've had to make up the pipework to join up to the intercooler, I'll stick some pics up when its finished.

On a good note it allows the fuse box to be left in the stock position which is nice.

Well its all back together and running again, just got the horrible task of running it in again now! Might try a different method this time round though.

Wow this has progressed on a bit. Go on do enlighten us, what method are you going to use?

guess a few gentle runs to wales is not what you have in mind :eyebrows: