The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blue dash bulbs

pjavon

Can anyone help me. I've just got the clocks out of my dash and i want to replace the bulbs with blue ones but there are no numbers or anything for me to no what to order

I seem to have 3 small(black holders) and 3slightly bigger (gray holders) and 3 bigger ones(green holders).

I assume the green ones are the main dial lights but don't know what there called.

Any help please

Paul

Ive got the same problem mate, half my dash bulbs have gone, an im after complete refit in red. Ive tried halfords an a few garages, even scania but no joy. If i can find any on the net, ill put the link up mate.

Guest supreno

hi guys i bought a load of led"s and with a little patience was able to change them all to blue or whatever colour you want, there is also a thread where one of the guys will do them all for £100, he sends you all new units(any colour) and you send your old ones back.... believe me if i had of known wat a mission it was id have gratefully paid the money..lol:taped:

Edited by supreno (see edit history)

hi guys i bought a load of led"s and with a little patience was able to change them all to blue or whatever colour you want, there is also a thread where one of the guys will do them all for £100, he sends you all new units(any colour) and you send your old ones back.... believe me if i had of known wat a mission it was id have gratefully paid the money..lol:taped:

"Heckler" aka Si :)

ive managed to do the whole lot blue heater/gear surround/ashtray/ignition barrel and clocks with blue bulbs i got most of the bulbs from heckler and used these for the heater t4 size

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370127740476&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

they will give a blue heater but not of the quality of hecklers work :D

tracie now wants me to make the indicators in the dash blue to i suspect this will involve replacing the green lens with a blue one or clear and a blue bulb not sure yet :D

ive done this mod

all i did was take out the green plastic filter and used blue gel sheets instead

does look good and was only a 5-10 minute job to get the dash off and do

no i dont think so as these are led lights i think he means he simply replaced the green filters over the bulbs with blue ones ,which is a good cheap way round it i just couldnt find any blue filters.i tried painting the bulbs blue but that was hopeless lol

wrong end of stick there lol no hes talking about the indicators.i will have a go then only reason i didnt do it yet is mot due this week so didnt want to dismantle car again

Edited by TRACIE_LOU (see edit history)

I did this a while ago with replacement LED bulbs for the clocks. Have a look here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=93634&highlight=nice+blue+dash

Main dials. 3 x 501 size and 1 x 286 for the temp gauge. A 286 fits the keyring, ashtray and the footwell lights if you got them.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Mike M (see edit history)

no i dont think so as these are led lights i think he means he simply replaced the green filters over the bulbs with blue ones ,which is a good cheap way round it i just couldnt find any blue filters.i tried painting the bulbs blue but that was hopeless lol

if you change the bulb to a blue one it still wont shine blue as the filter is green

so its the only way to get the indicator lights blue