The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK TT Auto For sale.

Guest Brazen

So do you reckon I'm definately looking under 5k ? Someone is gonna get a right bargin, reckon I might take the stereo out if it's gonna go much lower

£5k seems a bit low TBH: depends how desperate you are to sell. The colour and bodykit will reduce your potential buyer pool, *but* when someone likes that style of car, it'll probably be their dream car and be willing to pay good money for it.

Just my 2p, but in this case I wouldn't say a Cat D write-off would reduce its value by half. Do you know the circumstances by which it was written off? If you've got evidence that it was a prang or something, and that any necessary remedial work was carried out with receipts kept (not for workmanship guarantees, but for evidence that the work was done above-board), that should put potential buyers' minds at ease.

Good luck with the sale!

I'm just going to add that this car registered as cat d. I was told when I bought it that it had been involved in a small accident but had been repaired top notch etc. I have been told that this actually reduces the cars value dramatically is this true? I had no idea what cat d is or means.

normally Cat D means at least 20-25% off the market price however in the current market it could be more.

BTW I think I might know this car, I almost bought it few years ago, it was exactly this colour & bodykit. However it deffo had retrim so can't say for sure

That one was Cat D as well & that was the main reason which put me off, wouldn't really touch sports car with record unless it is very cheap (£5k seems to be expensive to be honest for Cat D) It also wasn't expensive when I've seen it 2.5 or so years ago...well below the price I paid for mine at that time...obviously if it is the same car

i got it from a little place in peterborough just over a year ago (they had it on forecourt for just under 8k)

the guy before that i think was either scunthorpe or somewhere round there.

i got it from a little place in peterborough just over a year ago (they had it on forecourt for just under 8k)

the guy before that i think was either s$#@!horpe or somewhere round there.

if it was the same car I viewed it around summer 2006 it was a private owner, yeap

don't remember how much was the asking price but deffo under £8K back in 2006

maybe it is different car tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.