The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ugliest F1 car eva?!

Alex

I seems to remember TLicense saying we hadn't seen anything yet on the ugliness scale....

I understand now what we were waiting for...:blink::blink::taped::taped:

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/117113.jpg

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/117110.jpg

http://www.f1today.nl/fotos/ibt44xjc9.jpg

x2.

I wonder whether anyone thought the Diesel Lemans cars were anything amazing... until they ruined everything going.

Hmmm...I still don't think they're anything amazing (to look at) - because diesel or petrol, they look pretty much the same!

Audi R8 (Petrol)

http://www.7extrememotorsports.com/lemans/cars/audi-r8-08.jpg

Audi R10 (Diesel)

I think the Bentley Speed 8 was the prettiest Le Mans car in a long time.

http://www.7extrememotorsports.com/lemans/cars/bentley-speed-8-14.jpg

And sorry for going off-topic!

:innocent:

Back off topic, I'm looking forward to seeing the new R15 this year.

Certain F1 cars are definately pretty, the F60 and Williams FW31 being the best of 2009 so far IMO, the nose on the renault is definately going to be functional, but it really should be banned under taste and decensy laws!

The only reason diesels won is because the rules were written to make petrol cars disadvantaged. Same as front wheel drive touring cars winning, no one in their right mind would build a FWD race car, but as a sap to the manufacturers the rules were bent to enable them to run on a less than level playing field.

I'm glad someone in the race industry agrees with my point of view :)

Let's see, much higher boost pressure, bigger fuel tanks, less restrictive air intakes... And blimey they won, who'd have thought :yawn: Was there anything else that the diesels were allowed over the petrols?

What made me laugh was the bloody TV advert based around them winning lemans, I think it was Audi pimping thier diesel cars so they had the Audi LMPs whizzing past onscreen... with petrol engine "neeeow braaarp" noises dubbed over instead of the :tumble: from the diesel. Gah. Lying toads.

I'm glad someone in the race industry agrees with my point of view :)

Let's see, much higher boost pressure, bigger fuel tanks, less restrictive air intakes... And blimey they won, who'd have thought :yawn: Was there anything else that the diesels were allowed over the petrols?

What made me laugh was the bloody TV advert based around them winning lemans, I think it was Audi pimping thier diesel cars so they had the Audi LMPs whizzing past onscreen... with petrol engine "neeeow braaarp" noises dubbed over instead of the :tumble: from the diesel. Gah. Lying toads.

Fuel tanks were reduced to 90% of the volume of the tanks on the equivalent petrol cars in 2007. (The very wet year - when you were there, actually) I'll have to dig for the tech details, but I'm sure they were reduced further last year again too because they were still able to travel further with the 10% smaller tank and so spent less time in the pits.

I do agree that they need to do more to level the playing field though...

I think the weight break favoured diesels, as well. A far from level playing field, all in!

As for the "green" electric road cars, hmmm, didn't I read that some celebrity, supporting their cause, when asked where the electricitycame from to charge the things said, "From the plug"?

All they achieve is to move the pollution from the exhaust to the power station chimney, or the nuclear waste silos. A very convenient transferral of pollutants.

Fuel tanks were reduced to 90% of the volume of the tanks on the equivalent petrol cars in 2007. (The very wet year - when you were there, actually) I'll have to dig for the tech details, but I'm sure they were reduced further last year again too because they were still able to travel further with the 10% smaller tank and so spent less time in the pits.

I do agree that they need to do more to level the playing field though...

Aha so you're saying the diesels were lighter :sly: damn them!

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant, I always say.

-Ian

Does it really matter how "pretty" the car is ....

Of course not from a performance point of view but I'm sure the companies who pay millions to have their name on the car want something that looks nice.

The shape of the Renault is okay but the colour scheme is horrible to say the least.