The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Free anti-virus?

suprattgaz

A quick one, I guess as you are all on the net etc there are a lot of people with knowledge on safe surfing. I have just set-up a new PC, and have the XP firewall, but no anti-virus. Is AVG still the best free AV?

We don't do much on the internet, this, Facebook, ebay and my missus sometimes downloads music which is my worry as she has pulled in a few viruses which Norton picked up on our old PC.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

use Avast after i picked up something very nasty using Zonelabs on an ehhhhm.......... lets say over 18 site :taped:, IT bod recommended Avast and its prooved more than up to the task of my off piste "surfing" ;) miles better than Zonealarm which was making the computer boot up very very slow

Used Avast, didn't like the horrible interface, moved to AVG and used that for years. Not too keen on the latest version bundling all kinds of extra crap in (I just want an Anti-virus package FFS).

I've now moved to Avira AntiVir, and by all accounts it comes out better than both.

Slight hijack, but do any of you Linux bods use antivirus software? I've googled it, and the general consensus seems to be that it doesn't need it.

I have done in the past but dont usually bother.

AVG do a linux version which I installed, was a PITA but seemed to work ok. Avast also do a linux version, if I had to do it again I would prob go with this over AVG.