The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SWAP anyone? gt4 for supra

gt4tosupra

Plus 300bhp from a st205 gt4 is no problem with new colder plugs and a boost controller!

Save a couple of grand more and get yourself a tidy TT 6 speed.

Put a tt in an n/a and you each the gearbox up in a few k miles if your lucky, plus iirc n/a's dont have lsd's so your looking at about £2.5k on top of the tt engine for all the 6speed gearbox,diff,running gear etc so works out cheaper to buy a TT6speed.

I have the adjustable arb on my gt4 and it makes a massive improvement but nothing compared to driving a rear wheel drive car.

Put an boost controller in your car and enjoy it. Save up then get a TT 6 speed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N/A's do have lsd's as i have one on mine and i know of others on here that have them aswell, not all have them but you can get them!

Was it an optional extra?

Its easy to check on the vin plate to see if it has for sure i expect.

• 3 weeks later...
if you want practical then gt4 does between 23-30 mpg! supra would prob struggle to get 23mpg max i'm guessin? also its got a much bigger boot, more room in the rear, cheaper on insurance! and also faster! 255bhp standard, mines dyno'd at 260 with just iridium plugs hks back box and blitz panel filter! 0-60 is 6.0! oh, and 4wd for excellent grip!

i always thought that the gt4 was actually quite slow compared to some other similar powered cars. anyhow the TT supra would def munch the gt4 for breakfast, never driven an NA supe but i woulding think they are all that fast at all, i mean 1500kg and 200+bhp, youd get bored very quickly, altho lovely to drive.

I do not have a Supra anymore, I saw the light and bought an S14a.

had my s14a for 4 years and spent a fair few quid on it, loved my s14a, great car, sr20det is such a good engine, who knows may get another 200sx in future, fast as hell and good on fuel to.

do miss this car alot, was running around 300bhp, and i would say up to a ton there was not much in it compared to my TT.

had my s14a for 4 years and spent a fair few quid on it, loved my s14a, great car, sr20det is such a good engine, who knows may get another 200sx in future, fast as hell and good on fuel to.

do miss this car alot, was running around 300bhp, and i would say up to a ton there was not much in it compared to my TT.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l462/supraGZaerotop/200sx-1.jpg

Exactly, mine is claimed to be running 305bhp and it is very quick and feels a lot more planted than my TT's. And it is great on fuel on a run 34mpg, the lowest I have had is 27mpg (when I have been bothered to work it out). Insurance is half the price of what I was paying for my J-Spec and £150 less than my UK TT.

Now I want to try the 4wd world. :D

Exactly, mine is claimed to be running 305bhp and it is very quick and feels a lot more planted than my TT's. And it is great on fuel on a run 34mpg, the lowest I have had is 27mpg (when I have been bothered to work it out). Insurance is half the price of what I was paying for my J-Spec and £150 less than my UK TT.

Now I want to try the 4wd world. :D

i only went from my 14a because well i had it for over 4 years and i forced myself to change as i always wanted an aerotop. otherwise id still have my 14 now. a great car and alot of performance for the money the s14 200sx. recommend to anyone, serviced and looked after they are bomb proof also.

i only went from my 14a because well i had it for over 4 years and i forced myself to change as i always wanted an aerotop. otherwise id still have my 14 now. a great car and alot of performance for the money the s14 200sx. recommend to anyone, serviced and looked after they are bomb proof also.

i had a black 2000 touring! love the look of them,still do now but wasnt the car for me! think im a big coupe lover :D

Apart from the sodding VVT. :complain:

Apart from the sodding VVT. :complain:

yeah lol, mine dun this the whole time i owned the car, its nothing tho. start up in the morning, clutch in, in 1st, blip throttle, slight noise and then gone. my mate had an s13 with the sr20det engine conversion. my good that was quick, he used to rag the crap of it to lol, you had to hear his vvt, plus his chain was knackered, sounded really bad. nissan quoted me around £550 new chain etc fitted.

yeah lol, mine dun this the whole time i owned the car, its nothing tho. start up in the morning, clutch in, in 1st, blip throttle, slight noise and then gone. my mate had an s13 with the sr20det engine conversion. my good that was quick, he used to rag the crap of it to lol, you had to hear his vvt, plus his chain was knackered, sounded really bad. nissan quoted me around £550 new chain etc fitted.

I think I will go down the cams route and get rid of the VVT system. See how it goes, still in the research stage.

changed my mind again, i do sill wanna px or swap for a manual na supra, dont want a tt cos my insurance from the gt4 will double, and i'm guessing petrol will be costing more on a tt than an NA as well? so anyone out there want 260 standard bhp?

I take it you've not had a quote for an N/A then. Chances are it'll either be the same or dearer than a TT.

Have a nice day.

ye i got a quote, NA is cheaper with RAC i'm with at the mo. i pay 73 per month on gt4, it'd be 95 with NA, or 130 with TT! nearly double what i'm paying now. as for an MRpoo i wouldn't touch one of those again! they dont even feel like an RWD cos too small, big coupes only for me thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish i wanted a GT-Four as it would be the perfect deal but I have been there and done that many times now...lol, 2 ST205's and 3 ST185's.

If your four managed 35 to the gallon then it may be an option, hahahahahahaha

Regards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.