The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SWAP anyone? gt4 for supra

gt4tosupra

swap or p/ex, cash either way, i am lookin to swap my excellent condition ST205 celica gt4 1995 JDM in white for manual supra NA

SPEC ON MY CAR

90k on the clock

blitz panel filter

HKS exhaust

everything else standard

260BHP with dynograph (near enough standard output)

all new suspension arms (over 2k with receipts)

cambelt has done 20k,

new rear discs

new pads all round

no expense spared

bodywork, engine, and interior all perfect, engine quiet as anythin!

i am after an NA, not to bothered about colour, must be manual, must be excellent cond like mine, and less than 100k miles

so, anyone want better mpg, cheaper insurance, and a faster car? (0-60 in 6 secs) i must be mad!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N boost, no my car isn't on gtroc, but it is on gt4oc! not looking at anythin apart from a supe mate!

Wez, sorry but i may change my mind into a tt auto, but not an na auto, sorry!

and Daman, yours is a very nice car, but if it wasnt modded as highly as yours i'd have been interested! what mpg do u get out of that mate? i spend about £200 per month in my gt4, between 24-30 mpg, i couldnt afford to run 400+ bhp!

will an na supe drift? cos if it does drift i wouldnt get bored, even tho i'd be losing 40bhp against the gt4, if it wont drift then yes i probably would regret selling the 4 because it is a good car in very good condition! and fast! whats the 0-60 on an na? i've read 6.5 to 7 across different sources!

if i was to sell it outright, i would prob be looking for about 4200

Drift as in on a track? i trust.

Anyway if its a TT you want then later down the road you can always dump a TT engine in it

thats what i was thinkin! break into the supra scene with an na first then dump in the tt!

didnt mean on the track tho for drift, i was thinking the occasinaly weekend in the countryside! some na's do have lsd's tho dont they?

the gt4oc have suggested i keep my car and fit an uprated rear ARB, to dial out understeer, which produce s more oversteer so i'm told

thats what i was thinkin! break into the supra scene with an na first then dump in the tt!

didnt mean on the track tho for drift, i was thinking the occasinaly weekend in the countryside! some na's do have lsd's tho dont they?

the gt4oc have suggested i keep my car and fit an uprated rear ARB, to dial out understeer, which produce s more oversteer so i'm told

Just dont crash into someone or something please.

Pointless playing with the GT4 to undo all the hard work to make it such a great drive IMO

serious answers only people please! anyway will i be dissapointed with an na against my 260bhp and will it actually drift? just a bit? dont want too crazy like the s13 i used to have, but i do like the back end steppin out a bit!

They will drift, been thinking of swapping mine recently (N/A 5 speed manual, good condition),but only for something more practical, and im not sure a GT4 is more practical.

Go on convince me.

if you want practical then gt4 does between 23-30 mpg! supra would prob struggle to get 23mpg max i'm guessin? also its got a much bigger boot, more room in the rear, cheaper on insurance! and also faster! 255bhp standard, mines dyno'd at 260 with just iridium plugs hks back box and blitz panel filter! 0-60 is 6.0! oh, and 4wd for excellent grip!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.