The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to wash the car - Warwickshire

JohnnyBoy

I remember going to a decent pressure washing place with mine in the summer, and that is the only time i'll ever do that again. He did the drivers side window while i was in it at such an angle that it went through the seal and gave me a blast in the face.

I believe my girlfriend at the time said i went "f*cking mental" at the polish bloke. It really hurt, but he finished the job for free.

Guys, I know how to wash a car by hand... Come on!

I want to be able to take most of it out myself in a short bit of time! I don't want no one else to wash my car nor I want to spend an hour doing it properly twice a week.

Aren't there presure washers where you just put the coin in and do it yourself? It's one of those I'm after.

thats the big mistake most of the forcourt ones have been abused or the area is full of sand where the off road bikers have cleaned their bikes , for you then to drag all over your car ,

tescos had a half price deal on a karcher not sure what model , but if you value your paintwork petrol station is the last place to go

Peter will elaborate I'm sure. But in my opinion the forecourt washers are high pressure which could easily take the lacquer off if you aren't careful. The sand comment is because the hose will be dragged through the wet sand/grit on the ground and invariably the hose won't be long enough to reach round the car so people are tempted to take the hose over the car scratching the paint to destruction.

Mike

decalcified water to rinse the car so it doesn't get water stains and a protective wax in the end.

The one at tesco in northampton is what i use. Its very good. hose reaches all the way arround from overhead so there is nothing on the floor or to pull over the paintwork. It has the filtered water and wax and other things. Has an wheel cleaning function too. Id rather do it myself there than let someone hand wash it. I dont have to space/privicy to wash mine myself as i park on the road outside my house and its quite busy.

TESCO FTW! :D

I've been looking on petrol stations, most of them have the bloody things but they're all out of order! =/

I'm in Leamington...

im from leamington now live in northampton theres asda or shell garage at top of town but as said the hoses are always left on ground,i just got a cheap presure washer from b&q to remove the main crap then use a mitt as memtioned :D

Cant see the problem with jet washing unless your a complete dumbass and hold the lance too close to the car ;) if the jetwash area is covered in crap which is usually quite obvious find another one :)

Theres a couple working by me but a bit far from Leamington, im near Solihull.

hey Johnny

im in leamington, i maybe wrong but i thought i saw you coming out of RWYB at shakespeare last year....havent seen this car in leam though, looks awesome. I used have the silver one with the c-west kit and white volk racing wheels. I usually use the one on the rugby road towards warwick as the shell gharage one seems to make your car dirtier than it was before!!

Didn't anybody see 5th gear last week about washing cars?

They had a pro detailer prep 3 cars and then tried 3 different pay washes. The garage self clean wash came last as people put the brush on the floor when they have finished and that scrates the hell out of your paint aswell.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 buckets every time!