The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate Wednesdays!

Mike

I'm trying to eat my way out of my mid-week fug. Trouble is I now feel bad as I won't be burning it off with a run tonight. Which, in turn, is making me depressed because the reason I'm not going running is that I've injured myself due to the cushioning on my running shoes expiring. I now have to buy a new pair. More money (vs permanent injury) that I don't really have. Oh crap! Another choccy bar methinks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to eat my way out of my mid-week fug. Trouble is I now feel bad as I won't be burning it off with a run tonight. Which, in turn, is making me depressed because the reason I'm not going running is that I've injured myself due to the cushioning on my running shoes expiring. I now have to buy a new pair. More money (vs permanent injury) that I don't really have. Oh crap! Another choccy bar methinks.

You could use Harvards tried and tested 'cure all' philosophy to help burn calories, and lift any residual guilt that may be felt with said choccy bar :)

Running shoes can wait till pay day.. and don't spend a fortune. My recommendation would be around the £50-60 mark.

Next.

Running shoes can wait till pay day.. and don't spend a fortune. My recommendation would be around the £50-60 mark.

Next.

I got paid in full on Monday. I over-pronate a fair bit so end up having to get support/guidance shoes. They aren't cheap. I loved my Brooks Switch (£70) but I'd like something more durable. May try out the Brooks Infiniti 2.

Not to ill to keep away from the forum though! :p

You need to earn sympathy.

Headache, coughing up big green balls of phlegm, weak, stomach ache, head ache, snotty, lethargic blob of mess.

Still managing to work from home though. It's very rare for me to go off sick, so why do I feel guilty for staying home when I am sick?

Headache, coughing up big green balls of phlegm, weak, stomach ache, head ache, snotty, lethargic blob of mess.

Still managing to work from home though. It's very rare for me to go off sick, so why do I feel guilty for staying home when I am sick?

Sounds like you need to kerb your party lifestyle Pete... all those drugs and girls finally taking their toll ;)

We said it would happen.

For me it sounds simple. You feel are not getting enough "you" time. Even though you love your job and the people you work with, you need more time for leisure.

If I was you I would do this. on wednesday break your routine. Get up at four AM, with the sound of an interesting alarm clock. Get up, and make sure you leave the house at five. Drive your car around, to go shopping, or get to work really early, do something unusual. Got to work do your thing. Then come back home, and continue to break routine drastically.

Make sure you are getting enough green leafy veg too - and have a tipple/treat before you go to bed.

If all this fails, then consider leaving your job, and do shift work. Good Luck. :)

If all this fails, then consider leaving your job, and do shift work. Good Luck. :)

I was with you up until this point!? thanks for the reply though ;)

Make sure you are getting enough green leafy veg too

I have a slow cooker now ;), and my veg intake is possibly in excess of EEC regulations for a small town... and I've ran ten miles already this week! :)

This thread is full of emos and weirdos. Present company accepted.

That's how we roll :)

I like Wednesdays. The gym is full of milf's who come for the jazzerrobic boxercise tai bo classes.

My gym has inexplicably filled up with hot women this week... I think they must have seen this thread :sly:

• 2 months later...

Today's been great, but then again, I had a 3-day week last week, I'm on a 3-day week this week, and I've got a 3-day week next week, so not much is getting me down atm :D

Reminds me that steak-athons have dried up these last 2 weeks. Fingers crossed there's one in the freezer to have later!

I've heard there's some American soldiers in Pompey at the moment, have you considered going out on the town to find some to entertain back at yours? :innocent::p

• 4 weeks later...
And breathe....it's Thursday :D 6 days of normality till you have another day in hell dude ;) :p

Mate I've been up since 04:30... flew up to Manchester and back (from Southampton)... I'm knackered and I have to go on my old bosses leaving do now!? It's not getting any better!? :D

Mate I've been up since 04:30... flew up to Manchester and back (from Southampton)... I'm knackered and I have to go on my old bosses leaving do now!? It's not getting any better!? :D

:haha: I shouldn't laugh really :D

Tomorrow's gotta be better though, it's Friday! :friday:

Could be worse, Mike.

I feel like it's Wednesday every day at my place just now :(

Sounds like somebody's got a case of 'the Mondays' :D