The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate Wednesdays!

Mike

This might sound very odd but does anyone else feel themselves hit an absolute physical and mental low every Wednesday?

I'm irritable, I have no time for anyone or anything and I have to basically grimace at people to get through the day. EVERY WEDNESDAY!?

I used to think it was down to a whole range of different factors but it definitely is 'mid week blues' :(

I recognise it, but I don't understand it and I certainly can't cure it.

Monday and Tuesday I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed... Thursday and Friday I can see light at the end of the tunnel... Wednesday... where is my life going!?

I love my job and the people I work with so that's not the issue...

What's going on? anyone else get this?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be psychological, as you KNOW Wednesday is the centre of the week, it's no longer the start to a fresh week, and it's not close to the end of the week and the start of the weekend, it's just the middle of the week and have nothing special about it.

Maybe you should find an activety or something to do on a wednesday, something that you look forward to. Maybe then with that in mind, Wednesdays will look more cheery for you? :)

I know the feeling Mike, as do most of my mates.

Which is why we turned Wednesday into Steak-athon-day. Every Wednesday we go round to one of our houses and have BBQ'd steaks. Last week was freezing, and this week we've run out of coals but hoping to locate some after work this evening :D

It definitely perks up your midweek lows!

Maybe then with that in mind, Wednesdays will look more cheery for you? :)

That is also the problem.... I'm at the gym Monday to Thursday (so I don't have to go on a weekend), so it's 'just another night' for me.

I think you're right, but I'm so exhausted by Wednesday, everything is such an effort (except for mindless gym, inexplicably)... and if I stay home and chill I just end up re-evaluating why I'm so knackered/bored/irritable and what's going on!?

Wednesday is 'hump' day.

Lol, I'm sure you don't mean it like I'm reading it.

Mondays usually drag like hell for me as I have to get up at 5am, drive for 2.5 - 3 hours, then do a 9 hour day.

Today is dragging as I've had nowt to do until 1pm and we've only got decaf in the kitchen. I've had 6 cups already & I'm still half asleep.

Which is why we turned Wednesday into Steak-athon-day. Every Wednesday we go round to one of our houses and have BBQ'd steaks. Last week was freezing, and this week we've run out of coals but hoping to locate some after work this evening :D

I like that idea. All I need now are some steaks, a barbecue and some friends. Job done! ;)

hmmm.... perhaps some kind of poker night or something then? (I'm veggie!)

I also try not to drink/smoke/do anything unhealthy during the week... so that limits me a bit.. The sniff of a 'social situation' and I'm binging it up with the best of them :D

How about gyming Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and use Wednesday for something you enjoy (I don't know you, so i don't know what kind of things you're interested in or enjoy doing) or as a 'go round mates' day, or even a 'sexual experimentation' day, which you spend the week thinking of things you want to try with the other half... Never know, could find yourself looking forward to Wednesdays as a turnaround ;)

errr... I'm single mate :D so that's probably out of the question I think... unless I factor in some costings for such an arrangement :eyebrows:

I'm out over a mates tonight for a bit of GOW2 fest, post gym.. see how that goes... I'm still quite miserable though!?

errr... I'm single mate :D so that's probably out of the question I think... unless I factor in some costings for such an arrangement :eyebrows:

I'm out over a mates tonight for a bit of GOW2 fest, post gym.. see how that goes... I'm still quite miserable though!?

Maybe you need one of those new gadgets, from Michael's thread yesterday.

That should perk you up a bit, any day of the week :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=173778

I like that idea. All I need now are some steaks, a barbecue and some friends. Job done! ;)

You're only about 100 miles away, come along and join in the fun :p I can provide barbeque and friends for the evening. Bring your own steak ;)

hmmm.... perhaps some kind of poker night or something then? (I'm veggie!)

I also try not to drink/smoke/do anything unhealthy during the week... so that limits me a bit.. The sniff of a 'social situation' and I'm binging it up with the best of them :D

Err....how about a Quorn-Steak-athon?

I usually have to drive to any of my mates houses (40 min walk in this weather??? No thanks!) so I only have one beer to start the evening.

Then the games begin to determine who gets to choose their steak first! You can't cook until you've completed whatever challenge we decide upon, even if you're last and have no choice on steaks. One mate has lost 5 weeks running now :D