The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scalectrix

michael

That tilt-shift photography is amazing isn't? Some of those cars and people look just like toys, don't they?! :)

My grandad once bought me a huge amount of Scalextric from a jumble sale when I was quite young. My dad burnt it when I was around 16, as he wanted the space in the garage!

I also liked TCR (Total Control Racing) too.

I now have a large amount of track etc, that I 'inherited' from an ex-girlfriend. I haven't had that out for about 10 years.

Maybe I should sell it! :)

Race & Chase?

It was the Matchbox offering, smaller cars with lights (I don't think Scalectrix did that then) - you could hit a button on the top of the controller and it reversed the input on the track and made the car spin around and go the other way. This went nicely with the cops and robbers theme the set had, a basic figure of eight but with a yellow "see saw" bridge that forced you to go the other way if it was flipped, also worked as a ramp.

2i4INIk4jN0

fEheLzTVNE8

7N0kwvpB0m0

Another company started doing the same kind of track a fair few years later, I ended up buying lots of that but went a bit loopy and swapped it for a train set.

Edit: Seems it was the same company:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powertrack

Looks like I had the PP-9000, PT-8000 and PT-5000

When you're an only child and you like cars it becomes your best friend, minutes turned into months.

You poor thing. I noticed in the videos the guy also looked like he had no friends either. ;)

I used to like putting the Matchbox track down the stairs at home and racing all kinds of things down it, much to the annoyance of my dad. He burnt that too! :(

I don't think any of the shots are tilt shift? :)

I was kinda joking, considering that tilt-shift makes real things look small like toys, except that these are toys!

I'll get my coat! :D

Alot of effort gone into that, The attention to detail on things like the fencing is impressive.

I started of as a Hornby Railway child then moved onto scalectrix. Funny, Just before Christmas I moved into my 1st house and last weekend, I put the scalectrix box up in my loft. This makes me want to go set it up. :)

Scalextrix.. now THAT was every lads top 80's toy.. that and a Bigfoot RC car..

I had tons, used to go right round the livingroom, through the kitchen and back again.. loved it.. have to say i never got bored of mine till I was about 10 and got an Atari ST! lol

TCR i think is what i use to have or 2CR. Basically you could switch lanes to overtake, the cars didnt run in slots. It was great.

Yes it was called TCR, and I still had mine in the loft until I moved recently. I gave it away, and it still worked, amazingly enough.

Now that was good fun! :)

I had TCR too, much better than Scaletrix which is just so boring as you go round and round. With TCR you would be in the other persons lane, or change to an inner loop of track.

I also had the TCR trucks which were great.

Still got it all in my parents loft, just waiting for my kids to be old enough to enjoy it.

Impressive!!

Got Ellis one for Christmas and never been off it since.....:D I have a couple of drifing Lambos on an extra wide track. It's a figure of eight but when we get a bit more room I fancy getting some more track and getting a proper circuit together.

This is all for his benefit.......;)

H.