The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please sign this petition.

imi

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I remember thinking about that for quite some time. Then I thought about Jodie Foster for quite some time. Then I thought about Sam and Jodie for quite some time.

...and then your trousers dreams expanded. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Right, what about this bl00dy petition?

To recap then:

Israelis and Palestinian land ownership difficulties, Monkey courts, Des O'Connor, Icke/giant lizards, Sir Jimmmy O.B.E, Mentalist Brown's a bender, Ewen's 'intelligent dream expansion' lezer fantasy convertor. And social/sexual lift tendencies.

Another quality thread.

To recap then:

Israelis and Palestinian land ownership difficulties, Monkey courts, Des O'Connor, Icke/giant lizards, Sir Jimmmy O.B.E, Mentalist Brown's a bender, Ewen's 'intelligent dream expansion' lezer fantasy convertor. And social/sexual lift tendencies.

Another quality thread.

:rlol: You do make me laugh!

I instinctively say "No" to sanctions on Israel. However, if the current government, in their wisdom, decide that it is for some reason necessary, then my admiration for Gordon Brown and all things labour would cause me to reconsider.

Axle, I will answer your question, but I did ask you a few aren't you not ever going to try and answer one for me? ;)

As for 5 palestinians and 1 Jew, I'm not really sure what I was trying to say as I formulated it rather badly, I think I was trying to understand more of your stance. But if you feel able, and willing I would love you to answer some of the other questions. It sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge and experience there. I freely admit I know next to nothing about all this.

:rlol: You do make me laugh!

For a second I was going to try and genuinely recap, but it was easier not to :)

Then Woody Allen's description of Tolstoy's "War & Peace" came in to my head "...something about Russians"

after that, it was impossible to continue in a sensible fashion :D

As for 5 palestinians and 1 Jew, I'm not really sure what I was trying to say as I formulated it rather badly, I think I was trying to understand more of your stance. But if you feel able, and willing I would love you to answer some of the other questions. It sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge and experience there. I freely admit I know next to nothing about all this.

My father is a retired Barrister who now teaches History at university. I guess this is why i have always had an intrest in it.

Carl i believe 1 life equals 1 life. I do not think any sector or people or religion are better then the other. That is why i am rather disheartened with the world as a whole right now.

I do no think i am better then my neighbour because my house is bigger, or i have this or that etc.

I truely believe in peace. At the same time however, if someone i believe to be right, or defenceless, i will stand up for them no matter what.

It is my instinct to defend people i see as defenseless (if they are the victims). I had taken the pasting of a lifetime in doing so, which i once mentioned on a thread on this very forum.

My knowledge is not that vast, but i am always trying to build upon it. I think as this is important.

To be honest, there is much to be said in this thread- But it is not the place to say it (out of respect for the Mods and OP). People who are FOR the war have refrained from saying what they really want to from what i have gathered, so i have done the same.

It would only end up in tit for tat, and thats a waste of time.

That you believe 1 life equals 1 life is an amazing concept, and I instinctively feel respect for you when you say it.

That you defend was is right, what is defenceless, and those who are victims exposing yourself to danger is also amazingly commendable.

I also respect that you refuse to be drawn on this matter. However, I feel you have already made your stance pretty clear from the outset pretty much, calling Israel's acts to be war crimes, and seemingly standing firmly on the victims side: the Palestinians.

I feel you have already made your stance pretty clear from the outset pretty much, calling Israel's acts to be war crimes, and seemingly standing firmly on the victims side: the Palestinians.

Yes. So not much else needs to be said. Atleast you can appreciate who the victims are.

They have commited war crimes. This is no secret.

Oh and i just found this article online i remember reading on the Underground last year..:) Worth a read, if your willing to keep an open mind.

But before you go lights out, what is the first thing that comes into your mind when you see:

Jewish = You Wish

Palestine = Palace Tiny

Lol, you arent half random.

Do you mean what do i see when i see the Names?

Confused..:blink: Your good at doing that.

Edite: Also just to point out, this war isnt about Jews against Palestine. There are many decent Jews in the world just as there are in any other religions. Infact many jews are against the state of state of Israel, not to mention the war and general treatment of Palestinians.

Well I read most of the article, but started to switch off where it was talking about the West Bank, possibly because I don't understand what the West Bank is. But I notice that the author kindly left his email at the bottom of the article, and yet I don't think he or she would be too impressed by my "Wot is the weSt bank?" question.

I wonder why the Jewish lobby (that the article talks about) is as strong as you suggest Axle.... What ever could they have to gain from that.....

To recap then:

Another quality thread.

That summing up would go well sang along to the REM song its the end of the world :D