The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please sign this petition.

imi

I put a thread regarding this a few weeks ago, thread here; it was closed prematurely by the moderator due to her feeling that we (members) couldnt have a mature discussion about the very serious international issue.

The situation is extremely serious and hence I am posting this thread to alert you to a petition that I hope you all will sign if you agree that what is happening in the middle east is wrong.....

Please respect the mod's opinion of not discussing this topic; unless the mod believes that we members are mature enough.

Please sign this petition here

Many thanks.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of 1 of these petitions that has ever made a difference?

I read about one the other day that got an airing in the House of Lords. I forget what it was but do recall being surprised that someone had actually bothered to acknowledge it in an official capacity at all.

Or maybe it was an email from one I'd signed previously. :think:

My memory isn't what it was.

Sorry Imi, not in this case.

Just to point out something related to your petition- you would be better to have a specific reason & specific sanction mentioned in that webpage.

Edit- sorry again mate, I didn't see the 'more' hyperlink, the answer is still no.

To the mods, I can't see how a discusion won't develop in this thread, so perhaps move it to members only away from google and the public eye?

Its not google and prying eyes that worry me.

Imi has been told this before, there is a huge cross section of members on the forum. There are views here that will run contrary to what may be the norm and there are views here that could border on the racist in many directions.

Imi has been shocked in the past by peoples views and called the racist card. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that could be said about Gaza and Israel on this forum would change peoples views.

Lets take the recent 'plane on a treadmill thread'. Completely opposing views on the subject were aired page after page. Clearly written proof was put up explaining that the plane would take off and still it was not accepted. Links to Mythbusters were posted showing video footage, and still it wasnt believed. That was a discussion about a plane on a treadmill, nobody dies during its making, no huge foreign superpower had any involvement. And still it went on for pages decending in to stand up arguements.

So would a discussion about the situation in the middle east be better or worse than that do you think? And thats why the thread got locked and why this one may well go the same way.

Imi has been told this before, there is a huge cross section of members on the forum. There are views here that will run contrary to what may be the norm and there are views here that could border on the racist in many directions.

Imi has been shocked in the past by peoples views and called the racist card. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that could be said about Gaza and Israel on this forum would change peoples views.

Lets take the recent 'plane on a treadmill thread'. Completely opposing views on the subject were aired page after page. Clearly written proof was put up explaining that the plane would take off and still it was not accepted. Links to Mythbusters were posted showing video footage, and still it wasnt believed. That was a discussion about a plane on a treadmill, nobody dies during its making, no huge foreign superpower had any involvement. And still it went on for pages decending in to stand up arguements.

So would a discussion about the situation in the middle east be better or worse than that do you think? And thats why the thread got locked and why this one may well go the same way.

I'm all for discussion. It often leads to finding out new ideas, the other side of arguments and the like. Take the plane on a treadmill thread. If it wasn't for that thread I'd have never found out how hot the lass off of Mythbusters is.

So, vote yes for a mass debate.

It's obvious the plane can't take off :D

Is a car forum really the place for this or is this just one member letting us know his views and how strongly he feels about something, yet again :(

Wonder if I'd get away with constantly posting my views in the same way? ;) Still, that's freedom of speech for you.

One of the best posts I have seen on this forum. New respect for you matie :)

'Here' 'Here', i second your thoughts, this thread should be locked before war breaks out on this 'car' forum :innocent:

FFS just lock the thread, it has no business on a Supra forum IMHO (even in Off Topic)

Totally agree, I paid my membership to come here and talk about cars and have a laugh with like minded folk, not get into political debates about current affairs in other countrys and such..

I think the topic starter of this would be better off trying to gain support for such a petition on a more suitable site.. IE one that is related to the topic the petition is about. Simple as really for me.

:tongue: