The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT IT IS POSSIBLE! his tuner said so and his waste gate set up is just the definitive engine modification!:p

The wastegate mod is the thing that gets me, it makes no difference to power, it only allows the boost to be controller better than the the stock integral wastegate.

1. Ellis - 445BHP

2. J80leo - 501 bhp

3. AlanM - 404 BHP

4. Supra10000 - 550+

5. Lee P - 450 bhp on a proper dyno!

6. SupraD06 - 430 BHP

7. Rich - 440fwhp on proper dyno

8. Tricky-Ricky - 433 BHP

9. Beefyblx - 380 BHP

10. Hoff - 434.7 BHP

11. Tooquicktostop - 350ish before run aborted due to mechanical issues

12. homer - 440 at SRR, 490 on Interpro's

13. Jevansio - Wind Up

14. Edge - 784 @ Mcdonalds with electric supercharger, cork fueling system and drilled airbox

15. Kranz - 422.5 BHP

16. Chiefgroover - 453 FBHP

17. Dcarrter21 - 1258.558 BHP (900bhp nos shot)

18. Benkei - 0BHP - Engine explodes

19. Lbm - 349 BHP

20. Miko_Supra - 445bhp

21. *shane* - 373bhp

22. JustGav - 414bhp (but I'm with Jay)

23. Guigsy - 463 BHP

24. Dash Rendar - 415 BHP

25. Chris202 - 388 BHP

I don't think I've seen anyone take as much stick since the "where are my turbo's thread".

Sadly you've been mislead and you won't be the last. Most of us have been there, I know I've fallen for some 1st class b*llshit in the past and it's cost me a lot in both time and money. It's all part of the learning experience, so when this is over have words with the tuner and move on.:)

i bet he doesn't even show up on monday. then he'll be back on here with the excuses. to be honest, i dont think ive ever encountered anyone with such a firm belief in what they're tuners told them, but have very little information about how and why and the actual physics incurred.. but then i suppose he is trying to make a sale and playing the " thats what ive been told" card gets him the " oh im gonna have words with my tuner" line when he finds out that this is all bullshine.

From the engine bay pic is there any tell-tale signs of being wrong?

oh and im sure some chavy will buy this crap and buy his car only to rag the crap out of it and blow the engine 3hours after handing over way too much for car that has too little.

If you think about this- its the biggest insult and slap in the face to the guys who have slaved over their cars, spent thousands of pounds for their setup, and then have this clown tell them that they are wrong.

FOR SHAME!

ive been up the unit all day talking to him saying to him "you dont realise how important this is" he said "i know how important it is ive read all of this and am certain we can do it

Perhaps he can come on here and explain exactly what modifications have been done.

Still interested in seeing photos of the external wastegate mod.

Any pics yet? It would be really interesting if the tuner could explain the full extent of the mods and setup.

The GZ model is the top of the range with all the extras, just a quick look at your pics and I see no cruise control for a start.

Whats the model code? It is on the chassis plate and will start with either AL or AJ

No it doesnt have cruise control but it had an active front spoiler climate control dunno if the others had this or not

This is exactly why I think it's a wind-up. We've had many a dreamer on here before & they all act in exactly the same way, defensive, throwing toys about pram, eventually getting abusive then being banned.

I aint throwing toys about and i aint gonna get banned so guess that makes me genuine..........How many times have i got to say COME SEE THE CAR

i bet he doesn't even show up on monday. then he'll be back on here with the excuses. to be honest, i dont think ive ever encountered anyone with such a firm belief in what they're tuners told them, but have very little information about how and why and the actual physics incurred.. but then i suppose he is trying to make a sale and playing the " thats what ive been told" card gets him the " oh im gonna have words with my tuner" line when he finds out that this is all bullshine.

From the engine bay pic is there any tell-tale signs of being wrong?

oh and im sure some chavy will buy this crap and buy his car only to rag the crap out of it and blow the engine 3hours after handing over way too much for car that has too little.

If you think about this- its the biggest insult and slap in the face to the guys who have slaved over their cars, spent thousands of pounds for their setup, and then have this clown tell them that they are wrong.

FOR SHAME!

Lmao i aint saying for one sec anyone is wrong. its entirely up to each individual how he or she sets the car up....This is my way

I don't think I've seen anyone take as much stick since the "where are my turbo's thread".

Sadly you've been mislead and you won't be the last. Most of us have been there, I know I've fallen for some 1st class b*ll$#@! in the past and it's cost me a lot in both time and money. It's all part of the learning experience, so when this is over have words with the tuner and move on.:)

The tuner has said that if it doesnt reach over 550 he will take the car and do whatever work needed free of charge. But still says there will be no problem