The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sounds like its impossible but nobody else has tried hybrids like this with the wastegate so who knows BUT im still confident it be 550 or over. Why the heck would this guy lie whens hes coming with me to interpro hes got big expectations of the car and is very confident. ive been up the unit all day talking to him saying to him "you dont realise how important this is" he said "i know how important it is ive read all of this and am certain we can do it

Mate ask the guys at interpro, im sure they will be able to tell you the car isnt going to run over 500+ bhp.

Yes the engine will last. wasnt the supra intended for around 625 before pegging it to 327 when made ????

No, nothing like that mate. It was designed to run 326bhp reliably, though the engine was a little over over-engineered by todays examples. 600bhp is the "assumed" reliable limit for a stock engine, though this is based on exprience here and elseware over the last 10 years or so, rather than any technical data for the 2JZ.

but they will to you :D:D:D

I like a good pie. Who doesn't? Apart from people who don't like pies of course.

If Supra100000000 achieves his 550bhp figure, I will take delivery of my pie, and install it in my Jspec turbos, so they won't be stock anymore, then I'll challenge him to a drag race at the Melton Mobray Pie factory reserve airstrip. I'll have him no trouble.

My only concern is he's running Pukka Turbos or the infamous Fray Bentos upgrades.

He has a twin plate HKS clutch, must have been expecting big power to invest in such an item? doesnt mean its there, only thats it's probably expected.

Unless someone knows some wonderful trick that we dont then a bet of £50 on a failing dyno sheet is very safe lol.

Something tells me the owner has been fed a load of cobblers by the tuners, never expecting him to RR it. We used to have a trader on here did some serious bpu figures for his customers, aahheemmmmm.

Every turbo has it limit of air it can flow, even the STU Hagan upgraded twins cant beat 550 "American" BHP. And Stu is the stock/hybrid turbo king IMO.

I have to run a T04Z, BVH, 850cc inj etc to get 676bhp, I'll be dammed if someone can get near that with any hybrids, even on super high octane fuel.

Tdi once did a sequential big twins car nothing as big as the HKS GT2835s, one off job, dont know where it ended up and didnt hear a BHP figure, unless someone here knows what it made?. We could always ring Tdi and see? maybe 500bhp? and that was an expensive job, too costly to sell as a product.

End of the day, no dyno sheet = pub talk.

I like a good pie. Who doesn't? Apart from people who don't like pies of course.

If Supra100000000 achieves his 550bhp figure, I will take delivery of my pie, and install it in my Jspec turbos, so they won't be stock anymore, then I'll challenge him to a drag race at the Melton Mobray Pie factory reserve airstrip. I'll have him no trouble.

My only concern is he's running Pukka Turbos or the infamous Fray Bentos upgrades.

are you sure you can handle the power? :eyebrows:

is the dyno day today? after reading all this thread, i am looking forward to reading the result :)

ive been up the unit all day talking to him saying to him "you dont realise how important this is" he said "i know how important it is ive read all of this and am certain we can do it

Perhaps he can come on here and explain exactly what modifications have been done.

Still interested in seeing photos of the external wastegate mod.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

It would be nice to see if this can be done:blink:

everyone says you cant get 500 out of stock turbos...if this is the case why is it i can find in many places info that you can ????

read this

The Mark IV Toyota Supra was offered with two different engine options; a naturally aspirated 2JZ-GE, 3.0 litre, straight 6 with 220 horsepower and 210 ft/lbs of torque, and a 2JZ-GTE 3.0 litre twin turbocharged straight 6 with 320 horsepower and 315 ft/lbs of torque.

For many, part of the twin turbo Toyota Supra's attraction comes from the easily upgraded power output. 450 - 500 horsepower can be had out of the stock turbos with a free flowing intake and exhaust system coupled with an aftermarket boost controller.

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/toyota_supra.html

everyone says you cant get 500 out of stock turbos...if this is the case why is it i can find in many places info that you can ????

read this]

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/toyota_supra.html

So even though this is a Supra specific owners club, where real pepole own real Supras, who have done real mods and have real dyno readouts etc, you are much happier quoting some random website, which appears to only spout out general press release gubbins?

Where are the many places you refer to btw?

I like a good read as I munch on a pie :)

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)