The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's dropped from 650bhp to 600bhp now then, as well as it no longer being the original turbos bored out as per your original advert but in fact completely different replacement ones not from a Mk4 Supra?

As I said, I've often seen big power figures for hybrid turbo sales - MR2/GT4 hybrids were awful for it (usually the CT26 based ones). I've rarely seen anyone achieve the stated maximums however. Most of those guys wanting the higher level of power usually end up looking at TD06/GT28/GT30 series turbos, rather than trying to stress a smaller turbo.

There are people on here with far more knowledge of aerodynamics and turbo theory than me, but even I know that if in theory the turbo is capable of flowing enough air for 325bhp, that doesn't mean you'll get 325bhp. If that is their theoretical maximum in a computer simulation for a single one, it doesn't mean that when you add another you can just double it and add a bit. For a start airflow into the turbo will not be perfect and charge temperatures will not be completely optimal. Thats only worrying about there being one.

Also, if this has cost you so much money to get to this point, how is it any better than a single conversion - when the single conversion will be simpler to work on and you can recoup money from the sales of bits you no longer need? The single also leaves room for an upgrade later ;)

i only said 650 thinking that if i wanted the car could run at 650 for short times if you could map and set it up right for things like drags or summit. maybe im wrong about that. but what i do know is that people on here say you cant get big enough turbos to fit inside the stock casings to get even 500 let alone 600 so already they are wrong. and as for the advert part yes they are stock casings on the car i never said diffrent. what i said was the inside of my stock casings has totally been modified. i never stated they were supra turbos either but the casing still is standard and fits in exactly the same way

Edited by supra10000 (see edit history)

how is people wrong? they have dyno proof they cant get such performance out of the turbo your chatting on about!

you cant guess the power by racing? its like the chavs round here, just cuz u wont race there saxos they have more power than me?

so us a favour and leave! your a embarresment to this club and your bull talk is unreal!

how is people wrong? they have dyno proof they cant get such performance out of the turbo your chatting on about!

you cant guess the power by racing? its like the chavs round here, just cuz u wont race there saxos they have more power than me?

so us a favour and leave! your a embarresment to this club and your bull talk is unreal!

im here till monday then if people want me to leave i will....

No, he shouldn't leave - a forum is, by dint of its definition, the vehicle for just such a thread as this. It is a form of education from which all parties can gain a greater understanding of our cars and their 'potential'.

Potentially my car can fly, if I drive it off a cliff, but it will only fly until it hits the ground. Potentially you might be able be able to get big power from your tubbies, potentially you might not. Potentially, it might catch fire and detroy most of Bristol, it might even open up a crack in the space/time continuum and end up back in 1465. These 'potentials' have as much validity as your tuner's claims. The proof of the pudding old bean, will most assuredly be in the dynoing of your yellow peril.

This has got to be one of the best threads ever.

as for the advert part yes they are stock casings on the car i never said diffrent. what i said was the inside of my stock casings has totally been modified. i never stated they were supra turbos either but the casing still is standard and fits in exactly the same way

What meaning of the word STOCK don't you understand? If you say you have stock turbos, then you have what IS ALWAYS fitted to THAT SPECIFIC MODEL OF CAR. You could have stock turbos from a Leyland bus, but you would say "Upgraded with bus turbos"

I'm almost sorry for you as you clearly have no knowledge of cars and believe everything you've been told.

It's almost worth the day off work and the long drive to see this dyno run...

In theory Rob, what power might a GT4088 allow?

I'm "only" getting 568bhp from it, despite masses of accompanying mods and a built engine.

:innocent:

there is a few over 600bhp from that turbo.

on ryan gs website there is 2 on there, one with stock internals!

im here till monday then if people want me to leave i will....

Martin you can not leave you have payed your membership fee so stay around for the year it will be fun!!, you should not be forced to leave just because you have a difference of oppinion and a different theory of tuning;)

yeah 10000 views but not one modification company has been in touch or anyone actually asking him to explain what exactly hes done......

Surely you've got all the paperwork to detail what you've had done, surely!! You've paid for so much work, you must have a file as long as your arm with all the mods on.

yeah 10000 views but not one modification company has been in touch or anyone actually asking him to explain what exactly hes done......

What is this 'tuners' full name and contact details?

Edit: Why only Homer? Surely this guy would want more business if he has done the impossible......

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

Surely you've got all the paperwork to detail what you've had done, surely!! You've paid for so much work, you must have a file as long as your arm with all the mods on.

i used to the same from beggining to end so paperwork isnt going to be a praoblem ive asked him to keep it all till we finish but obviously showed me reciepts from companys such as HKS as we went along so i could see all the prices given were the costs

What is this 'tuners' full name and contact details?

Edit: Why only Homer? Surely this guy would want more business if he has done the impossible......

yeah but at the moment all hes gonna get is abuse so id rather someone like homer speak with him so he can see this guys knowledge