The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a windup, if this guy was serious he would have said f*** yous and been away long ago

I wouldnt miss this for the world.....Surely people can see how confident we are. This isnt a wind up im gonna post the results here no matter what they are. And as i said i will put my hand up and say dam i shoulda listened to you guys if im wrong but i really cant see that happening.....im gonna be posting an email here soon about what exactly C R turbos done to mine ( as soon as i get it of them). That alone will prove hundreds wrong as it will show how you can get 600+BHP out of hybrids IF set up right

I wouldnt miss this for the world.....Surely people can see how confident we are. This isnt a wind up im gonna post the results here no matter what they are. And as i said i will put my hand up and say dam i shoulda listened to you guys if im wrong but i really cant see that happening.....im gonna be posting an email here soon about what exactly C R turbos done to mine. That alone will prove hundreds wrong as it will show how you can get 600+BHP out of hybrids IF set up right

I don't doubt you belive what you are saying mate, you sure do. All the more reason I wonder why you haven't given this place a body swerve until Monday

Just off the phone with a helpful guy from CR turbos.

He said that the CT12 wouldnt get anything like 500bhp (as we know)

He would fit a pair of CT20s (dont know it would work) from the Mkiii and that would net 'around 500, or maybe a bit more, but i cant be sure of the restrictions in the manifold, collectors and other areas, all i know is the turbo itself could run around 275-300 each.

Not heard of CT20s used on a mk4, not sure they could/would fit.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=64660

He would fit a pair of CT20s (dont know it would work) from the Mkiii and that would net 'around 500, or maybe a bit more, but i cant be sure of the restrictions in the manifold, collectors and other areas, all i know is the turbo itself could run around 275-300 each.

Thank you for that

Wouldn't two CT20's have a significant impact on spool time too? Although that would also depend if they were a or b, and what had been done to them.

I don't see any mention in the above post of 650bhp? They said 500bhp, maybe, if you used the larger turbos as a pair.

Are they what you have now - different turbos, rather than original supra hybrids?

Edited by SBDJ (see edit history)

So the fact that you cant get 600 BHP out of hybrids is rubbish...

Hers a note of CR TURBOS

Hi there!

Just been back through the paperwork to make sure of what was done.

They were CT20's, we reconditioned them, fitted steel shaftwheels and larger compressor wheels. The compressor wheels used were the Garrett T3 55 trim.

(which in THEORY can flow over 300hp)

I believe that, again, in theory, these units could well do 300 each.But what restrictions the manifolds etc have I couldnt say.

I would be delighted to know the results of the rolling road session, please let us know!

Best regards

Mark

CR Turbos

Except i didnt do anything apart from refute your claims.

Too much 'in theory' for my liking, ill await the dyno results.

yes they wouldnt say it will cos they dont know the setup BUT they quite clearly stated you can get 600 BHP out of hybrids no problem which almost all of you said cant be got.

So the fact that you cant get 600 BHP out of hybrids is rubbish...

Hers a note of CR TURBOS

Hi there!

Just been back through the paperwork to make sure of what was done.

They were CT20's, we reconditioned them, fitted steel shaftwheels and larger compressor wheels. The compressor wheels used were the Garrett T3 55 trim.

(which in THEORY can flow over 300hp)

I believe that, again, in theory, these units could well do 300 each.But what restrictions the manifolds etc have I couldnt say.

I would be delighted to know the results of the rolling road session, please let us know!

Best regards

Mark

CR Turbos

You originally said you had fitted twin hybrids.

People are saying you can't get 650bhp from two Mk4 SUPRA hybrid turbos (ie CT12).

What you've fitted are two entirely different hybrid turbos (CT20), not originally fitted to the Mk4 supra.

I also hate to point out that it's also not as simple as "turbo a maximum + turbo b maximum + random number generator output of 50" = power output.

I'm genuinely interested in what the spool time is like on these turbos as a pair on the 2JZ?

Edited by SBDJ (see edit history)

No, he said IN THEORY, MAYBE you could get 600 bhp, PERHAPS, and he was only clear in saying MAYBE.

If you had half a clue you would be dangerous.

So answer this then....Why can i find this mod to these turbos in more than one place and all of them state it is capable of 600 BHP ???????????? maybe all these turbo engineers are wrong and you are right ??.... silly me

You are NOT listening.

The turbos could well be capable of 1200 bhp each, that doesn't mean jack.

Besides...

You originally said you had fitted twin hybrids.

People are saying you can't get 650bhp from two Mk4 SUPRA hybrid turbos (ie CT12).

What you've fitted are two entirely different hybrid turbos (CT20), not originally fitted to the Mk4 supra.

So answer this then....Why can i find this mod to these turbos in more than one place and all of them state it is capable of 600 BHP ???????????? maybe all these turbo engineers are wrong and you are right ??.... silly me

So it's dropped from 650bhp to 600bhp now then, as well as it no longer being the original turbos bored out as per your original advert but in fact completely different replacement ones not from a Mk4 Supra?

As I said, I've often seen big power figures for hybrid turbo sales - MR2/GT4 hybrids were awful for it (usually the CT26 based ones). I've rarely seen anyone achieve the stated maximums however. Most of those guys wanting the higher level of power usually end up looking at TD06/GT28/GT30 series turbos, rather than trying to stress a smaller turbo.

There are people on here with far more knowledge of aerodynamics and turbo theory than me, but even I know that if in theory the turbo is capable of flowing enough air for 325bhp, that doesn't mean you'll get 325bhp. If that is their theoretical maximum in a computer simulation for a single one, it doesn't mean that when you add another you can just double it and add a bit. For a start airflow into the turbo will not be perfect and charge temperatures will not be completely optimal. Thats only worrying about there being one.

Also, if this has cost you so much money to get to this point, how is it any better than a single conversion - when the single conversion will be simpler to work on and you can recoup money from the sales of bits you no longer need? The single also leaves room for an upgrade later ;)