The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650BHP - You are going to love this one

SupraAyf

thats exactly what i was thinking when i was researching this claim!

since we put the wastegate system on it has made the car so much quicker as the turbos aint getting chocked up with all the gases. the way i see it the wastegate takes these pressures away allowing the turbos to work much more freely therefore making it quicker (these are my words not the tuners but its summit like that). I remember this being explained to me when we were doing the wastegate MOD which as it goes HE paid for so hes hardly going to be filling me with rubbish when hes paying for it.

Edited by supra10000 (see edit history)

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supra10000 - this is the multiquote button:

multiquote_off.gif

When you come back to a thread and see lots of people you want to reply to just click that on each post and then reply as usual, it should group them all together for you and save you having to make lots of individual replies.

Well if your in cardiff come see it ill meet you half way. theres been so much more done than just the turbos

So it does - never knew that!!

supra10000 - this is the multiquote button:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

When you come back to a thread and see lots of people you want to reply to just click that on each post and then reply as usual, it should group them all together for you and save you having to make lots of individual replies.

alpqz

And going back to the wastegate he will quite happily explain how and why you get more power with the wastegate to whoever wants to know. He cant believe that people here reckon they know everything but yet say you wont get more power ..Surely someone who got a lot of knowledge can give him a ring and then they can explain this a lot better than me !!!!

since we put the wastegate system on it has made the car so much quicker as the turbos aint getting chocked up with all the gases. the way i see it the wastegate takes these pressures away allowing the turbos to work much more freely therefore making it quicker (these are my words not the tuners but its summit like that). I remember this being explained to me when we were doing the wastegate MOD which as it goes HE paid for so hes hardly going to be filling me with rubbish when hes paying for it.

The main purpose of the wastegate is boost control. To do this, it diverts exhaust gas away from the exhaust turbine wheel. This obviously then controls the speed the compressor wheel rotates at, thus regulating the boost.

So by taking the exhaust gas away, it limits the boost generated, which puts a limit on the power available from the turbo, and also stops you from melting your engine into a T2-style pool of molten metal. It doesn't however stop the system getting choked up - turbos need exhaust gas to work.

I hate to say it, but I've seen massive claims by a lot of hybrid turbo manufacturers, but I can't remember the last time I saw anyone reach that upper limit with one - and that's not just limited to Supras either.

The main purpose of the wastegate is boost control. To do this, it diverts exhaust gas away from the exhaust turbine wheel. This obviously then controls the speed the compressor wheel rotates at, thus regulating the boost.

So by taking the exhaust gas away, it limits the boost generated, which puts a limit on the power available from the turbo, and also stops you from melting your engine into a T2-style pool of molten metal. It doesn't however stop the system getting choked up - turbos need exhaust gas to work.

:yeahthat:

Does you Tuner know they are Turbos and not Superchargers?

The thing is mate some people on here have worked with Supras for years and years and know them better than they know their wives, Thats why you should listen to them not your Tuner, Has he ever done this to a Supra before?

Yes he done a very similar set up in Japan when racing many moons ago. And as for you saying people know these supras like their wives your wrong They know everything about singles but sounds like nothing about twins when modified in this way

Yes he done a very similar set up in Japan when racing many moons ago. And as for you saying people know these supras like their wives your wrong They know everything about singles but sounds like nothing about twins when modified in this way

LeeP has already commented and he is quite well known for his twins :)

I'm sorry, but I can't see how you think switching from an internal to external wastegate will give you massive power gains. The usual reasons are:

Better boost control - internal wastegates are often too small to flow sufficient exhaust gas away from the turbine, which results in overboost.

Noise - some people love having their system vented to air by a "screamer pipe".

I think it's strange that since you joined you've been on here more than most of the really addicted members. Are you on any other forums? (Obviously not car ones due to your lack of knowledge :))

I'm still calling bullshit on this, either the member is some kind of troll/plant or he's been completely ruined by a tuner. Either way I feel quite sorry for him.